Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2006 Key fob disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2006 Key fob disaster
    Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:33pm
Hi folks,
     Well I had one key fob that did not work on our car so I was going to re-programme it to the car. Today whilst we are out we had trouble opening the car with the working key fob. I looked on youtube and found a video, copied the steps down and went out side to do it.

I managed to get the car into the "correct mode" BUT whilst carrying out the procedure the battery on the working key fob failed completely (totally flat) this happened before I had finished programming the first fob, the first step is naturally erasing the current key fob which means I was unable to programme the second fob with the new battery in (then going to replace the battery and go through the procedure again so I had 2 working keys but can not do that now.

The problem is though the car starts I can not lock the doors/boot at all and the car is parked out on the road as I have no drive or garage so help/advice is needed quickly.

Any help or advice will be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,

Paul K.
I think therefor I am.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 5:21pm
Hi Paul. Use the switch inside the car to lock the doors, when you close the drivers door it should be locked. Then you can gain entry by using the keyhole that is hidden under the plastic cover on the passenger side door. Thumbs Up
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply