Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What if they made a p10 superturbo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylk road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if they made a p10 superturbo?
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 9:50pm
Hello i am the new and proud owner of a 1995 nissan p10 primera hatch fitted with the cherpy little ga16dne

I have been involved in cars my entire life and i am passionate about the what could have beens and the what ifs

So therefore i am going to give this p10 primera what it deserves and give her a bit of well needed tlc

The car as it stands is as follows

59k miles
1 family owner
Stock as a rock and in full grandad trim down to the optional tape deck storage slot

My plan of action for stage 1 of the build is as follows

Apexi super afc old school 5 button version
M45 eaton supercharger
Small front mount intercooler (got my eye on a smart car one for now)
Obvious dials and gauges to be able to tune this thing with the seat of my pants
Rising rate fuel regulator
Greedy fv style ebay bov (haters gonna hate)
70mm charge pipeing
Twin core ally radiator direct replacement
And a four branch manifold of my own construction

Most by now will be asking why

Well i have grown tired of wating so this thing being as i got it for a strate swop for a dead mk1 focus estate
Is getting the cheep and cheerful upgrades till i can gather the required moneies to do the final setup

Sr20de
With a twin charged setup

As for the styling i am going to make this p10 hatch look like something nissan would be proud of and wish they had put out them selves

The plan is to make a superturbo march style grill with 4inch recessed foglights
A set of the bc racing coilovers
And as it stands at the minute a set of 15 inch ssr mk1 wheels

Before anyone chews my face off

I am aiming for about 5-7 psi and 160-180 bhp not a crazy number i know but smiles per miles will be enough to get me through the big save for the final setup

Sorry for the long post

Any questions will be appreciated

Thanks for having me.

Photos of the build to follow look out for p10 superturbo thread

Much love
shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 10:05pm
Welcome to the forums,Sounds like a great deal of thought has been put into it, I look forward to seeing your progress on this.

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 10:06pm
Welcome to the forum,

I know which one this is! I seen it on Gumtree last week! Looked to be in excellent condition.Great buy.
IonicOwl View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IonicOwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 10:23pm
I would absolutely love to see a supercharged SR20.  You don't see many about, most people prefer to turbo.  Twin charging is even better!
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 10:54pm
It certainly can't be said that you're not aiming high!

Good luck to you Sir. Welcome to the forums.
SRIGUY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRIGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:16am
Look forward to seeing progress and good luck
Dunmanifestin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunmanifestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:09am
Yes! This could be aces :)
--Kuro P11GT Saloon-- COTM April '13
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:20am
Sprint would be your man for all mods P10 though I forget who owns the Cossie powered P10 on here
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by naughtynorm naughtynorm wrote:

Sprint would be your man for all mods P10 though I forget who owns the Cossie powered P10 on here

MrC is the member on here with the Cosworth powered P10 (Daz).
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:52am
Welcome in Daniel to the NPOC too.

Awesome plans for the car.

I think you mention you're going SR20DE before you supercharge? There are a few SR20DE based cars Stateside (not all Primeras) that have been supercharged and I know the tricky part has always been location of the supercharger due to space in the engine bay and how best to do the pipework, sometimes it ends up with the pipework being very low / close to the floor, so plan carefully and good luck :)

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
 Post Reply Post Reply