Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere has my topic / thread gone??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NPOC_Owners View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where has my topic / thread gone??
    Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 11:58pm
If you're reading this, it means you recently posted a new forum topic / thread in the Nissan Primera Help & Queries Section (this section) and now you can't find your topic, or you've received an emailed notification with a link and when you click on it, you get a permissions error - If you get the permissions error, it's because your topic has been moved to the Posts Dump Section and only the Staff Team can view this section. Please read on...

This section (the Nissan Primera Help & Queries Section) is governed by a few very simple rules, that have been around for many many years now. I'll take a punt that you haven't got around to reading them as yet?

Well no time like the present I guess, please do educate yourself:

Nearly 27,000 people have read that topic.. So that will be +1 now, well doneClap

Still confused, I'll break it down.

90% of removed topics from this section, are removed because of point 2) from our Forum Guidelines / Rules (this is the link you have just clicked on.. ^^ Just up there ^^). ALL topics in this section MUST START with the words "Nissan Primera Pxx...", followed by a brief description of your problem.

Some examples of bad and good topic titles:

"Please help" < Rubbish thread title and this topic gets removed.
"Engine is stalling" < Rubbish thread title and this topic gets removed.
"P10 brakes advice" < Rubbish thread title and this topic gets removed.
"Nissan Primera" < Rubbish thread title and this topic gets removed.
"Primera P12 stalling" < Rubbish thread title and this topic gets removed.

"Nissan Primera P12 electronic fault" < Yes, you are a winner!! This topic remains and you'll get help.
"Nissan Primera P10 sticky caliper" < Yes, you are a winner!! This topic remains and you'll get help.
"Nissan Primera P11 144 stalling" < Yes, you are a winner!! This topic remains and you'll get help.

So now that's clear.. Please ALWAYS start your topic title with the words "Nissan Primera Pxx followed by a brief description".

Nissan Primera Pxx - "Pxx" is the model of your Primera! You can find out what model of Primera you have by seeing this topic:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/which-nissan-primera-do-i-own_topic194.html

So your topic title will start "Nissan Primera Pxx (P10 / P11 / P11 144 / P12) etc.

Now some of you are probably thinking "It's a Nissan Primera Club, why the hell do I need to start my title with the words Nissan Primera?"...

It's entirely for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) purposes.

We all know what a P11 is in here, however Joe Blogs sat somewhere offsite in cyberspace behind his keyboard may not.

If he has a problem with his Nissan Primera P11.. He's gonna hit google and key in "Nissan Primera problem..............." because he knows he has a Nissan Primera. He's not going to key in "P11 problem.......".

The thread titles using full model descriptions help:

1) You get the right help from the right crowd.
2) Help the club get informative search engine results and pull more traffic to us.

We never charge anyone for our help or advice on here and paying membership has always been optional.

All we ask of our non paying members is to read the forum rules and title their threads as per the guidelines in just ONE section only, we help you and in return you help us with SEO.

Moving on..

The other 10% of topics that get removed from the Nissan Primera Help & Queries Section, will be because they breach our NO TRADING rules in the Nissan Primera Help & Queries Section, this is covered in Point 1) of the rules.

I'm not going to expand on that, if you break that rule your topic will get removed and you seriously risk your membership here at NPOC.

Hopefully this will help clear up any mystery you have, concerning why you can no longer locate your recent topic, made in the Nissan Primera Help & Queries Section.

If your topic has been removed due to an incorrect topic title, please do feel free to start another topic (making sure the title is correct).

Many thanks and take care,

NPOC Owners
PLEASE NOTE: Private Messages sent to this Admin Account are NOT read or replied to.

Club Membership / Enquiries:
Please see the Join the NPOC Section!

Anything else: Contact essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply