Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Petrol does your Nissan Primera run better on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Petrol does your Nissan Primera run better on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Drive By Thread Shooter

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 1:58pm
just be careful with the vpower shell try fill up at a station where others are using vpower so its fresh, some filling stations have petrol that has been sat there for months because nobody will fill up with it cos its too expensive.

ive tried all the superfuels and the one i am happy with is the tesco 99 ron, and its always fresh, sometimes even sold out so i know its not been sat there for an age
modsman View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 2:00pm
LPG .....lol
Skymera
jayb2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by geordie geordie wrote:

Last weekend I filled up with Shell V-Power for the first time. My P11 GT usually averages between 38 and 39 mpg on ordinary Asda unleaded. I'm three quarters down this tank and its showing 40.9 so far, so I'll see how this goes over the weeks.
The immediate difference I see is the lower revs needed in general. 70mph used to be 3500rpm, but is now 3000rpm, 80mph was 4000, now 3500. Must be good news for the engine.

Sorry, but what?! Petrol cannot affect the revs for a certain road speed. You might need less throttle, but the gearbox & Gear-ratios determine the revs of the engine at a given speed, not the fuel.

I normally go for the better fuels for smoothness, response and economy but don't expect any more power from a normally aspirated 2.0

I am impressed with the economy of the Primera though, never had a big-ish petrol engine be so good on fuel before! Clap

Clemo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 4:23pm
I use shell V-power in my P11 GT went to cornwall from devon and averaged 47.3 down doing 70-80 all the way down journey was about 85 miles. All good i thought
YorkshireLass View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkshireLass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 5:39pm
I use Tesco normal unleaded and it is okay, 450 miles a tank is normal for me, incidentally the super unleaded is quite often sold out at my local one on Tadcaster Rd, York. So must be well used round 'ere....
DENNYBOY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DENNYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:06pm
I always try and use V-Power as I get better mpg and seems to run smoother and have more power.
Tryed Tesco super unleaded (101 ron) the other day and my GT drank it in no time and drove awfull on it.
usually get 350 miles to a tank of V-Power and only got 250 ish miles on the Tesco shite.
I'm no expert - An "Ex" is a has been and a "Spurt" is a drip under pressure!!
twelve View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite
Top Tosser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:13pm
Only reason I don't get V-Power everytime is that the nearest Shell garage is 6 miles away whereas there's a BP less than a mile from my house.
davep11gt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davep11gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:20pm
V Power FTW! Birmingham to Telford today, I reset the clock and averaged 48.3 at 80mph all along the motorway!Approve
K&N FOR THE WIN!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST SHITE!!!
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:42pm
just filled her from empty with v power (101) been using tesco super unleaded(99) for months without problem. But i got sick of tesco(york) selling out so i kept getting forced to use shell anyway! Lets see if makes difference should do at 1.12 per l!
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
philly View Drop Down
Play Nice Group (N)
Play Nice Group (N)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:44pm
i like the responces to this thread a lot of you using v power or similar i should of made this a poll lol.

keep up with the info :)

thanks

philly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>