Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear brakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ddmprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 rear brakes
    Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:50am
Hi everyone,

Primera P12 2006 2.2DCi

Can anyone help ...

I'm trying to replace the pads on the rear brakes, (done this before on my previous P11 144 as per the excellent how to guide) but the brakes are different to those i've done before and shown the in service manual. Im having trouble locating the bolts to remove the calliper from the carrier. There is a large spring clip on the calliper to the carrier, but no bolts  just some rubber caps where i would have thought the bolts would be ?

Thanks

David

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:02am
Hi and welcome to NPOC!

your first step should be to download the Electronic Service Manual (download FSM here)
In the section BR (for Brake system), you'll find pictures and pad replacement procedure.

Good luck!

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:15pm
It's disc. Rears need a specific winding tool. I gave up and got a garage to do mine. Fronts are a doddle to change.

My rears had an anti rattle spring, but the garage missed it and re ordered.
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:19pm
The bolt is on the back side of the calliper, but the winder I bought could not wind the rear in. If you have the garage space and tools is easy. I thought, bugger it.
Ddmprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ddmprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:07pm
Hi,
Managed to get the pads changed at last, Smile straight forward enough once i realised that the calliper was held to the carrier by the two hex head bolts/pins which are found by removing the caps off the rubber seals. The spring clip is an anti rattle spring and just pops off.

A point to note that the pads on the piston side have spring clips which attach to the piston.

Thanks for the help and pointers Smile 

Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:00pm
 Having another go at getting this info over.
Apologies in advance if this does not work

View of rear caliper with spring "Not as per service manual" ATE type brakes

Top carrier bolt -remove plastic plug for access

7mm hex carrier bolt- purchased special key for this

13mm bolt securing handbrake cable

Rear piston - screws in clockwise - had to buy rewind tool  and N0.18 adaptor for this.
Managed one side with long nose pliers but not the other.

New rear pads - the top one with springs clip over the piston, just need to be carefull not to snag the
rubber dust cover.

Clamping hose and opening bleed screw before winding back piston made life so much easier.

Happy motoring - off to shoot mesel

If in doubt give it a clout!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
pictures sorted for ya.

in the original links to the pics, you had a load of crap after the .jpg which is what has screwed the pics in your first post.
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 10:08pm
Thanks for that ragt20 perhaps you can delete the previous two posts to tidy things up,Im a bit rusty on
the old computer skills

Regards Electrolyte.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Coler89 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coler89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:21pm
I've found an easy way to wind the brake piston back in with tools that most will have in their garages already.

Basically, I apply pressure to the piston with a G clamp and then use a pair of mole grips to wind the piston round. In this picture, I've got a no.18 laser adapter between the clamp and the face of the piston, but it is feasable to just wind round the part on the end of the G clamp with the grips if enough pressure is applied with the clamp.

What do you mean "you'll need more than a 1/4" socket set"??
cefnllys View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cefnllys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:49pm
Which way does the caliper need to turn? Mine turns but doesn't retract.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>