Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Intelligent Cruise Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetspec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Intelligent Cruise Control
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 5:40pm
I would be very grateful for any advice or experience regarding adjusting the sensor of the intelligent cruise control.  The sensor on my T spec Primera is detecting large vehicles, such as lorries and vans, but not smaller ones like cars; I wonder if this means that the laser beam is set too high.
George
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 5:54pm
Best to download the service manual from the top of the "How To " section, it is all detailed in there.

First thing I would try is to clean it, can't see how it can avoid getting dirty.
If in doubt give it a clout!
georgetspec View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetspec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
Thank you - I have checked the sensor is completely clean;   the Nissan instructions for adjusting the laser beam seem quite involved usiing special equipment;   I wondered if anyone with a similar problem had tried a simpler 'do-it-yourself' method;   so I am keen to hear of any more advice or experience.
George
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 7:56pm
Weclome to NPOC George,

This any good?
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-cruise-control_topic47440_post629834.html

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetspec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:28am
Thanks for this advice too - the posts are interesting;  I'm still keen to know if anyone has experience of adjusting the direction of the sensor beam themselves - or is it best left to a Nissan garage? -  If I can find one which has still got the equipment and expertise!   Unlike some members, I think the intelligent cruise control is a very good feature and I want to get it woring right (on my previous Nissan, it worked fine for nine years).  
George
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:03am
The manual says clearly that adjusting is not possible without Consult-II

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:41am
Don't know if this info will be of any use to you or not.

TV engineers use an IR tester to check remote controls , just a thought but am wondering if it would detect the boundaries of the beam.

Other thing is if you use a phone camera and hold a remote in front of it ,it will show the IR working as a blue light , again just wondering if it would show up the boundaries of the beam. 
If in doubt give it a clout!
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:03pm
it seems that Consult II is necessary to perform auto adjusting Left to Right. Only the up/down is done manually by screwdriver, but you need to read the value on the Consult.
Plus you need the target board, don't see the dimensions in the manual.

Even if you could see the boundaries of the beam, you still wouldn't know if the boundaries are in the correct position.

Sounds to me like a trip to Nissan is really the only viable option...

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgetspec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:12pm
Thanks again to all who have replied to my question - your comments are helpful.   I can see this might be a job for Nissan, but my thinking was this:  if the beam alignment problem were just the vertical adjustment - which it might be because the system works with tall vehicles - could I not try the screwdriver half turn adjustment given in the manual to set the beam lower, without Consult II or the target board, and then road test the effect - if any;   if I keep a record of turns, I could put it back to its original position should that seem advisable.   Any views on this?
George
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:21pm
Worth a try...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>