Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - GROM Bluetooth installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - GROM Bluetooth installed
    Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:38pm
Hi Guys,

Some of you may remember me posting about a bluetooth kit I had found on the net that fit the P12 (chunk as I like to call her)

Well I took delivery of the kit over the weekend, and have fitted it, and all is working well.

The kit I got is the GROM -BT3, which is a bluetooth kit, but also has two aux ports, that you can attach a variety of leads to, from 3.5mm jack plugs, to iphone cables.

The kit comes with stereo specific leads, which plug into the stereos CD Multichanger port. The unit itself, emulates a multichanger, and is seen by the stereo as one.

All you have to do to install the unit, is to plug in the lead into the correct socket, of which there is only one to which it fits, and use a cool little device called a posi-tap (provided), to connect to the live wire going into the back of the stereo (in most cases this is a solid pink wire).

Then route your mic and unit to somewhere of your choosing, and put the dash back together, and hey presto, you're ready to go.

I put the box down behind the stereo, on the floor, between the gear linkages, do to access it, all I need to do, is pull of the lower plastic trim.

I routed the mic out of the hole left from removing the built in mic, just below the hazard button, and above the cd player.

To connect to the box, you simply scan for devices, and connect in the usual way once its found.

Now when I press the source button, I cycle through: Radio, CD, CD Multichanger. The latter being the bluetooth device.

You can listen to all your music on your phone, or for that matter, any sound that comes from your phone, YouTube, movies, ringtones, games, etc. You can use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks. I have my phone on play all at the min, so dont know if changing disks on the car, will change albums on the phone.

You can answer an incoming call by pressing track up on the steering wheel, or reject it with track down. You can also initiate voice dialing by pressing and holding the Program button, but I dont think my phone has this feature.

What else to say about it, hmmmm.

It automatically connects to your phone when you turn on the ignition, if your phone bluetooth is on.

The sound quality of music is way better than CD (but my mp3's are 320k).

And sound quality is exceptional, definitely the best I've heard from a car system.

Its safe to say, I'm massively impressed.

Either search GROM AUDIO, or look on
http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/integrated-bluetooth-kits-c-19/nissan-bluetooth-integration-kit-p-137

Sorry, I didn't take any pics of the install, but its seriously easy. There are plenty of how too guides on here to tell you how to get the stereo out, and installing the unit is dead easy, and comes with very clear instructions. And if you get stuck, the guys at Carputer-shop are really cool.

Hope this has inspired some of you to go for it, I'm massively glad I did.

Cheers,

Jay
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:54pm
"Nice one" ....Glad it worked out.    
If in doubt give it a clout!
mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 11:11pm
It really did, I love it. Its brought chunk into the 21st century.

I drive my car for a living now, and have an app on my phone which tells me where to go next, a route guide, so I can now have this going through the car stereo.

Cool, cool, cool.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 11:17pm
that's cool stuff nice work
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 11:20pm
So easy to do, but so worth it.

Jay
Chaos View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 11:49pm
Was this done on the P12 pre-facelift?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 12:38am
Looking at his previous posts, using the forum search engine.. He has a 2003 2.0L T-Spec Petrol, so that will indeed be pre-facelift as facelift was 2004> :)
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Chaos Chaos wrote:

Was this done on the P12 pre-facelift?
If you have a look on there web site it states not suitable for the pre-facelift (para phrasing)
As mr winky has a T-spec it has all the bells and whistles inc sat nav so should cover the entire 2nd edition range
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 7:26am
? What year was the facelift then Ash.. Always thought it was 2004 > ?
mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 9:16am
Hi Chaos,

Sorry I missed your post yesterday, I had a crazy day.

Can I help in any way?

Jay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>