Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 SSS or GT?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntnissan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 SSS or GT?
    Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:19am
I currently own a 2003 P12 (standard 2.0 JDM) and I've always toyed with the idea of replacing the QR20DE engine and CVT with the SR20VE and 6 speed manual from the Primera 20V. These engine/tranny/front suspension 'swaps' are easily available out of New Jersey or Miami, but I have an opportunity to actually get my hands on the car itself.

My question, however, goes to the confusion experienced when trying to get more information on the car. It's badged 'GT', but all my research for a Primera GT comes up with P10 and P11 - not P12. And Wikipedia mentions and have a picture of one badged SSS saying that it's a 20V.

Anyone can point me to clarity in this issue? I want a real 20V car and not a swap being claimed as one.

Thanks much!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:50pm
hi buddy, welcome to NPOC. 

far as I know there were no P12 GTs even with the VVL engine, if its badged GT, then the likelyhood is, that previous owner has added that. 

I do think there were P12 SSS models, not 100% on it, but am sure I've heard of them...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
leighzx View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 4:12pm
Japan is just generally P12 20V. The SSS available in other markets is a 20V. No P12 GT though. Expect it is a P12 20V with a GT badge stuck on. Get the VIN number and check it out!
Probably The Best Primera In The World!

tntnissan12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntnissan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:07pm
Thanks for the replies... I thought I was good at internet searches, but this car has *minimal* info in English available on the net. Seems to be a cult following for the P12 in eastern Europe, but not sites that I can get translatable :-(

If I get the VIN leighzx, what's the best way to get the data? From the local Nissan dealer?

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:20pm
yup, local nissan dealer should be able to tell you more about the car, with the VIN
tntnissan12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntnissan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 6:25pm
Well, after a few months going to and fro I decided not to go after the locally owned HP12. In the interim I found out that HP12 is the chassis code for the 20V. Ran the chassis number through epc-data.com and it checked out as bona fide - not a swap.

And then I decided to do my own! I have a TP12 model and buying an HP12 (doing about 85k kms) in Japan, cutting it (!) and shipping the front half with everything I need to do a complete swap. Apart from engine, box and suspension, I'll get the pedals, shifter, linkage, radiator, etc. Hoping that the light come intact so I can swap that too!

Looks like October/November, so I'll post when the project starts :-)

As shipping stuff from Japan, I also wanted to upgrade suspension (lowering springs, shocks and polyurethane bushings), but as easy as pulling teeth to see what is available for this car.

Anyone knows if available in UK? Tried spring-loaded.co.uk but they said they couldn't help.

Thanks!
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 7:10pm
i'm not too familiar with the p12 but i suspect there be not much in after market mod's tbh...?
Depending on how deep your pocket's are i'm pretty sure you can get coilover's made up.

Have you tried energy suspension.com for the poly bushes!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 8:29pm
you will be surprised, you can get plenty of stuff for the P12....as mentioned deep pockets will help, you can get cat backs, coil overs, even lowering suspension kits, I've seen Nismo suspension for P12s on ebay on my usual window shopping for prim stuff on the likes of ebay..

you may get some stuff from the US, but you're gonna get most of the stuff from Japan only..

there is quite a good following of Primeras in Trinidad, as you most likely know, so wouldn't be surprised if some of the guys there know of more stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply