Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Temperature gauge issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Temperature gauge issue
    Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 11:22am
All is ok on the Nissan Primera P12 apart from the temperature gauge. It seems to fluctuate between not on at all, seemingly working ok (about 8pm on the dial), and just once it came on but not to the same level as what seems to be normal, but generally its either on, or off.
Coolant level is normal checked it a few times this week.

Any thoughts on where this fault may lie ? the gauge does come on awfully quick when it seems to be working, less than a mile today and that was at 2 degrees outside.

Cheers

Graham

Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:37pm
Worth checking the connector on the sensor for corrosion, plugging it on/off a few times.
On the GR engine it is located on the thermostat housing where the top radiator hose meets with the engine block.
There is another connector above it which is the crankshaft sensor.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Grimble View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:22am
Thanks for the info, I will check that out later :)

Cheers

Graham
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 3:09pm
Thank you for your previous post(s) on Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. I have a similar problem.

Difference is the gauge does work but only goes half way and does not come i.e stays even below the C mark. I have been investigating and seems the Sensor is at fault. Too much resistance to start with.

I can see you managed to replace the sensor. Kindly advise me on the tools you used and if possible the part you ordered to replace off ebay. The Sensor seems to be in an in accessible area and the sockets seem to be too short to get to the actual 'nut' part of the sensor.

Someone kindly advise. 

Thanks in advance.
Dont lean on it like a Monkey Boy!- Delboy
 Post Reply Post Reply