Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan primera p12 drivers electric window dropped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 drivers electric window dropped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:23am
Yes the glass must be removed completely and only then can the electric window mechanism come free. Be careful with the glass it is heavy and you don't want it crashing back down  the inside of the door. You will work out which way to turn and angle the glass for it to free the sides do the door frame
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 6:43pm
Update
The mechanism has been removed without the need to remove the glass,this is now propped so i can use the car until I get the time to sort out the repair.parts arrived today so just need to find out how to fit them
i know very little about a lot
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 12:16pm
HI Guys
new cable kit fitted and working but no glass fitted yet
just need advice as to what is the best adhesive for attaching the bracket back on to the glass

For clarity this is the bracket which is bolted to the regulator mechanism through the hole in the steel panel

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 12:39pm
I used Evo-stik express, two pack glass adhesive, it comes in a twin syringe that you mix together, worked perfectly for me, I guess any glass adhesive should do.
abba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:06pm
Hi Guys
I need advice as to what adhesive would work best to glue back a plastic /nylon bracket to my window glass on the drivers door regulator.
I know what will stick to glass but the bracket material may be an issue with some adhesives ?

For clarity its the bracket attached to the glass which in turn  is bolted to the regulator, accessed through the hole in the steel panel
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 1:33pm
As I posted above, be sure to have removed all the old adhesive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12