Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 hid / xenon headlight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanorufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 hid / xenon headlight
    Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:06pm
hello , i,m a new member. i own a 2001 primera se plus ( my second one) all is well except for the drivers xenon headlight, when i put the main lights on both are brilliant white light after a few seconds the drivers main beam turns a creamy yellow while the passenger side is still brilliant white . any ideas please ???? cheers deano
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:35pm
Hi Deano and a big welcome to NPOCWave

In a nut fella, it's a new bulb you need and as you probably already know, they're not cheap.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
jayc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:57am
Most likely cheaper to buy a complete new aftermarket  HID kit. There start around the £30 mark on ebay now.
satanism View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satanism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by jayc jayc wrote:

Most likely cheaper to buy a complete new aftermarket  HID kit. There start around the £30 mark on ebay now.
What a fantastic way to funk up your brillliant original HID lights
+ don't think aftermarket HIDs would fit at all ;)

Try switching the bulbs in order to eliminate the ballast as problematic, then buy a new bulb or a complete second hand headlight if cheaper...
P11GT 1998 RHD
SR20VE wannabe

2005 Nissan Primera P12 "Acenta" Estate 2.2dCi 138HP LHD
jayc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 3:43pm

I've replaced the bulbs in mine with 8000k aftermarket ones. The sport plus uses D2R which are available aftermarket for a fraction of the dealer price.

Output and pattern is just as good but mine have more the the blue tint now.
deanorufc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanorufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:02pm
Thanks for the info chaps will check the other bulb one more question what sort of tool do i need to get the little nut off to get to the bulb . cheers deano
deanorufc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanorufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:38pm
 Help !!!!!!! does anybody know where i can get decent hid bulbs (d2s xenon) from????
i have had different prices thrown at me from : £19 to £99 the ones i have in my 2001 se plus at the moment are osram  6000k don,t want to buy cheap but can,t really afford to go above £40 but i am afraid if i buy cheap ones i,ll end up replacing them after a couple of months would love your advice please .. ta Deano
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:46am
The hint has kinda been given already.. I paid £30 for my HID kit 2 years ago, the bulbs are still 100%.

Look on eBay.

I have moved your post from the new thread you started into this one - No need for 2 separate threads on the same subject etcThumbs Up
carborg79 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carborg79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:43pm
ive just brought a osram one myself off ebay for £36.50 delivered. rob dog dealers wanted £108
Deleted_Account View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deleted_Account Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:23am
Welcome to our community dear friend. I currently use the 6000K white xenon and I'm very happy with the quality of the light I get at night !! I'd suggest you go for the 6000K ones and a small secret, here now, raise your headlights by a click in the scale. I think this can be done to the local nissan dealer using a spectrometer that they have in measuring light beams !! I hope I helped a bit....
By the way my long beam has no xenon but I got the PIAA platinum bulbs that I really really liked since I switched from Osram nightbrakers into PIAA platinum !!! Try them, you'll love them !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>