Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 HID headlight unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 HID headlight unit
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:56pm
Anybody know if you can replace Xenon HID headlamps on a P12 Primera with standard halogen units, is the wiring loom compatible? I've smashed one and can't find a repalcement below £400 :-(
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:11am
you will find that the halogen one has got a different fixing for bulb which may just unscrew and swap over with your broken light

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:45am

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
imi2003 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imi2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:30pm
between the two headlights there is quite a big difference i think the only interchangeable part would be the clear lens,(if you are very careful its stuck on with lots of glue) the silver shiny part is different and also the normal head lamps are not self levelling so you would have to find and wire in the levelling switch into the dash.
i was in a similar position a year ago when i hit a dear. i luckily on mine there was not that much damage and i managed to replace the lens(from a normal headlamp) and bought a new bulb (£80)
 Post Reply Post Reply