Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 / 144 Remote installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 / 144 Remote installation
    Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 8:18am
Hello everyone! Sorry to just drop in, only to ask a question. I'm from the Netherlands myself, and I'll have to confess I don't even drive a Nissan myself. (got a VW Corrado myself. )
However, a good friend of mine has a Nissan Primera from the year 2000. However he's had problems with the engine ignition system once, and due to tackling that problem, we found out its a 1999 model. (seems to have been some changes in the electronics )

Either way, I have a remote control to open the doors.   wich has 2 relays. (1 for opening and closing ofcourse) wich both have a normally open and a normally closed contact.
I also have 2 wires going to the indicator lights. the latter should not be a problem.   However, I can't make heads or tails from the electrical wiring diagram in the Original Nissan Manual. (I'm a electrical engineer myself, so I'd like to think I do at least know something about making Sparks and such. )

So any help on this would be greatly appriciated. Like, where would be the best location to place the reciever module? (preferably somewhere where all the neccecairy wires would be in range to connect it to. )

If you need any more info to make a guess, I'll do my best to answer them.

Regards,
Tim
It's only impossible when you stop and think about it. - Pirate Captain
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:38pm
Hi Tim and a big welcome to the forums :)

Can you please.confirm what model of Primera it is, as you're right on the changeover years... Have a look at this:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/which-nissan-primera-do-i-own_topic194.html

It can make a difference in any help you'd receive.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
Klamath View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 3:04pm
Heya, and thanks for the welcome.

I've had a look a the link, and its safe to say that its a P11 144. (luckily its indeed really easy to recognize. )

Thanks for that link. Now I just hope there's someone who could tell me where to look.
I've spend about half a day under the dashboard so far with my multimeter trying to identify the cables I'll have to use, so far no luck though.
Quite frankly, I can't eem to make heads or tails of the system.

Regards,
Tim
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 7:40pm
Have you downloaded the P11-144 workshop manual?  Link on this NPOC page http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html 
1997 2.0 SLX P11
Klamath View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 9:39pm
I have, but the scematics seem incomplete about the central locking bit. :( I was hoping someone here has run into the same problem as I did.
I did check the wiring diagram, but am unable to figure out wich colors have to be shorted together to close the locks, and wich ones to open.

I had hoped to find the colors of the cables that run to the switches in the lock of the drivers side door. (In my case, the left hand side. )
Klamath View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 1:17pm
Noone ever built a aftermarket remote into their P11-144 Primera?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 1:44pm
Hi Tim, and welkom.

AFAIK, Almost all primera's came with central locking and remote as standard, so there are not many who need to add it afterwards.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 1:56pm
The original timing control box as it's called in the manual, is below the steering wheel behind the plastic panel.
It will have one of three part numbers on it:
285519F905   

KEYLESS ENTRY+ (WITH ALARM FROM0799- )

'99, June —  

KEYLESS ENTRY+ (WITH ALARM FROM0799- )

FOR KEY LESS ENTRY WITH ANTI HIJACK

'99, June —  
  285519F912   
   '99, June —  
  285519F914   

FOR KEY LESS ENTRY WITH ANTI HIJACK

'99, June — '00, October  

The F905 and F914 are the ones with remote, F912 is without.
If it's F905 or F914, you should only have to find some Nissan remote key fobs on ebay or such and program them to the car. 
Do you have a picture of the key?

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
feler091 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feler091 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:10pm
hi io want download primeria p11 service manual
 Post Reply Post Reply