Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera wp11 2.0 140 can’t start-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:25am
Tanks for your replies and understanding.. the mechanic haven’t inspected the engine further- and i Think its fair enough.. dont wanna cost money in it on that mileage..
but i actually have an replacement/spare engine- but i really dont know, if we ever gets it replaced? The current engine is with the cvtgearbox, but the spare is Manuel.. do you think it’s easy to shift?
The replacement engine has only driven 120.000 kilometers
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:37am
Very simple Just use the engine and bolt all your parts to it. A garage should be able to complete this in half a day. My record for removing a SR20 engine is 45mins lol

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 3:01pm
What- sounds sick😅🙈 thats really sounds very fast.. mine is also “soaped” into the antirust liquid, so all things are sticky and dirty..
But do you know- if the cvt box, is easy to demount, and will it fit on the crankshaft on the other engine? I have read of some sr20’ies where it only fits with a prepared engine?
Does it make sense?
Do you know, how bad a broken chain Typical is for pistons, valves and so on?
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 8:19pm
Easy to do, the CVT box is heavy.
it will fit, I have done the conversion the other way. If i remember correctly there is a bushing in the crank that either need added or removed.
In my experience you will have valve and head damage, and depending on rpm when it snapped possible oil pump damage (it's the front cover) and possible crank sprocket damage.
Pistons ususaly have damage but not enough that they cant be used (usually valve marks),

It can be done in place but you looking at almost a full days work and you more that dropping the unit complete.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:23pm
Thank you for answering so polite with many details.. i Think i Will try in the comming time.. unfortunately, besides my missing auto knowledge skills, suffering with a back injury few years ago- so the time goes very slowly..
what about the Ns-1 Oil- does that just flush out when i start separating the cvtbox? And maybe the converter😬🙈
I think you are right about the bushing- I have read about a difference- but have found an exact answer..
can I maybe contact you- if we are starting this project🙈🤞🏻
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:52pm
you will lose the oil as you will need to take the drive shafts out to remove the box. or you can (and i have done this) keep them in but it does make it a bit more of a challenge.
Also you need to watch the torque converter doesn't come out as you loose oil there too.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 10:07pm
Update- the engine is out on the floor now.. must admit- makes no sense if you Can do it in 45min we did really struggle several times and have spend lots of sweady hours now i must try converting the gearboxex.
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:18am
i have removed quite a few engines from Primera's. You need 28" clearance for the engine to come out from under car (way it's fitted at factory).
i have a sequence  for example i know unplug 4 plugs and the entire engine loom comes out with engine. I also 400nm impact wrench lol

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 4:06pm
Now i really need your help and experience 🤞🏻
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm
How to send pictures in here- Can you ADD me on Facebook? Martin ingemann Sørensen? We have done the seperation from the two gearboxes- but we are not without trouble- and the torque converter im afraid to touch?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>