Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 starting problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:23am
help please cant make the car start ...
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 6:50pm
Hi, have you not managed to get it going since June?
have you any warning lights on, does it turn? is it delivering fuel?
jogs View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 8:58pm
Hi Timeshock thanks for your reply.

No Cry I have not been able to fix the car....

When I turn on the switch I can hear the gas pump sound.

The car crank but does not start.

Everything started intermittently. The car had trouble to start, after some intents it started.

Suddenly one day stopped, we took the car to the Mechanics. They suspected from the coils, 2 of them were changed like 2 months before the final fail.

Then came Covid 19 and the car stayed for 3 months sitting there.

They say that the problem seems to be the ECU, but the thing is that the Computer does not appear anywhere. I can't find the exact part MEC30-180 B1 2606.

I used a ODBII scanner and showed error p0335, I took out the CrankShaft Sensor and wen to a place where they test it and it seems to be ok.

I bough a small oscilloscope and "tested" the crank and camshaft signal which I think seems to me there.

When I decided to take the car out of the repair shop, they said the card started again. Then failed to start again. After a few days with the battery disconnected, the car started again at home few days after being unused, but just for a few minutes. I though it was something resetting, but I have tried to do de trick again but Since that moment It haven't star ever again.

I wish to find the real problem. The car have a sentimental value for me, I don't really want to say the reason in this public forum, but. I wish to be able to start it again.

A friend of mine helped me the other day, he found out that in the Coil there was ground and the positive, but something weird was that the signal pin had also 12volts + I don't think that is ok. What can make 12v+ present in the signal pin?
I have the manual too. It refer to disconnect the condenser hardness

1. Turn ignition switch OFF .
2. Disconnect condenser harness connector.
3. Turn ignition switch ON .
4. Check voltage between condenser

But I haven't found the named Condenser
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:56pm

I would start with checking the main battery earth lead where the attach to the chassis and transmission ensuring they have good sound connection and no breaks.

The voltage you are detecting could be the canbus system but I am guessing there.

jogs View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:35pm
Believe it or not. I have not been able to start the car yet....

Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:17pm
[QUOTE=jogs]A friend of mine helped me the other day, he found out that in the Coil there was ground and the positive, but something weird was that the signal pin had also 12volts + I don't think that is ok. What can make 12v+ present in the signal pin?
I have the manual too. It refer to disconnect the condenser hardness

1. Turn ignition switch OFF .
2. Disconnect condenser harness connector.
3. Turn ignition switch ON .
4. Check voltage between condenser

But I haven't found the named Condenser
[/QUOTE
I think the voltage is correct. The manual states battery voltage. As for the condenser the full name is Ignition coil condenser. I believe it's on the harness leading to the ignition coils. The part number is 28351-89901 (new: 28351-89902). You may google the number to have an idea of what it loos like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12