Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello! I'll be sharing updates on this turd!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:04am
OMG a E30 with headlamp washers! Never saw a set f/s for my red 318is

I think yours is the colour code brillantrot too, dear Lord how it ruins every polishing pad you use! And how quick it needs to be repolished

P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by schwen schwen wrote:

OMG a E30 with headlamp washers! Never saw a set f/s for my red 318is

I think yours is the colour code brillantrot too, dear Lord how it ruins every polishing pad you use! And how quick it needs to be repolished

Thats the one! That was a couple of years ago, since then the car has spent a lot of time off the road getting cut up and welded because it was pretty rotten, in that time it faded back to a dull pink, and I had to replace the front wings which are now a different colour, and there are various parts in red oxide primer... Haha

Selling my V70R to fund its re-spray... Unhappy
johnbr6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:10pm
Awesome that you were able to get the matte paint off that easily!

3-5000 wet and sand and then use the DA it should be as good as gold
P11 SRi
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:25pm
I'm a little bit worried about wet sanding it to be honest, I was just going to go right at it with a DA, I dont know how much clearcoat is actually left in some places!

I also wouldn't say it was easy! Haha
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:34pm
When I bought it, it had a slight oil leak from the timing chain cover near the top, which is common on SR20's, so I wasn't too concerned.

But now I've been ragging it around for a few hundred miles it is absolutely hemmorrhaging oil. :p

Can't fix it properly because to get the chain cover off to re-apply the RTV you need to take the head off, and the sump, and the pulleys etc, so sod that idea. I'll burn the damn thing before I go through that hassle.

Looking into ways to bodge it... Theres some spray on gasket sealer stuff in the US, Permatex, which apparently works well, but I can't find it or anything equivelant to it here.

I could clean it up and smear RTV or tiger seal or something over the join, but that will only work for a little while until it starts leaking again.

Dont really fancy JB welding it on.... :D

If anyone has any ideas do let me know..!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910