Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first time
    Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:11am
I have a p10 (94-m) brilliant car, it has now done 160,000 for the last 9 years it has gone through MOT without anything major worst in one go was wipers, nsr tyre and osr number plate light out.

I am now getting a cam chain rattle first thing in mornings, is there any adjust I can do to take up the slack.

Papa Smurf
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:25am
Welcome to NPOC Wave

How long is it rattling for?   The tensioner is operated by the oil in the engine,  you can either replace the chain as they do become stretched overtime or, try an new tensioner, the later tensioners as found in the P11 144 models use finer teeth and these are meant to improve the start up rattle.   What engine do have in the P10?

GazzaSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply