Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 82>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:26am
Hi All.
I have been talking to Bob White from Portsmouth who has the same problem with the consule but cant sign up to the club for some reason.He has now pointed  a hairdryer through the ashtray aperture & the consule worked after about 5 minutes.
Bob was also in communication with Nissan Japan in the early hours this morning & his communication is as follows
Kiyomi Sato
Control Group <LA0>
LCV Business Unit
Nissan Motors, Co.Ltd.

Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:22 PM
To: SATO, KIYOMI
Cc: DAVID WOOSTER
Subject: Call from England

Dear Sato

Thank you for calling me back and hopefully you will be able to help me.  I would like to speak to someone in the Customer Service and Parts Department regarding a problem I have with my car.

The car is a Nissan Primera TSpec (2L Petrol) manufactured in 2003 and the defective component is inside the Satellite Navigation DVD Player.  I have tried to obtain the part from UK without and success and looking on a Nissan Primera Owners Club website the problem I have is being experienced by other car owners too.  I understand that advice is being provided by Nissan to repair centres that if the fault I am experiencing occurs then the diagnosis involves heating up the unit with hot air (like using a hair dryer !!) and if the defect clears, this confirms that the DVD Player unit is at fault.

We believe the exact nature of the defect is contained on the Printed Circuit Board marked up - oop  Xanavi corp JKZ 1012, with the defective component contained within a smaller circuit board under a silver box - this board is marked HAZ  0043, ZSZ 1898D, Ser No 0228100 - this is a picture of the circuit board.

dvd3

This circuit board in contained within the DVD Player - DVD unit No N # 28330  AV 601, Model  CCA 5831 CEU, Part name Cont-assy-AV & NAVI, SER No  20402534 (H), Aoo, Manufacturer, Xanavi Informatics Corp , Japan - this is a picture of the DVD unit;

dvd1

I would be really grateful if you would pass this information to your Customer Services and Parts Department so they can provide the assistance needed to resolve this problem.  Despite quite a bit of effort by lots of people, we have not been able to solve this problem and Nissan UK have advised us to contact Nissan in Japan, hence my call to you.

My telephone numbers, and I have included the international dialling code, are

Work - XXXXXXXXXXXX or my mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXXX but please bear in mind that you are 9 hours ahead of English time and therefore it would be best for someone to please ring at about 1700/1730 your time - otherwise I will be asleep !!! 

Sato, many thanks for your help so far and hopefully you will be able to pass this message onto someone who can help.  Can you please reply to this message to confirm you have received it ok.

many regards

Bob
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:29am
Mr.White,

I have received your email.
I will contact the Customer Service again tomorrow morning, and hopefully forward this email to the right person. 

I am sorry for the trouble caused and I really appreicate your patience.

Regards,

Kiyomi Sato
Control Group <LA0>
LCV Business Unit
Nissan Motors, Co.Ltd.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:31am
Hi All.
Ihave today finally received a reply from Nissan customer services as follows.

Dear Mr Wooster

Our Ref: 1-ZE167

Your Case Ref: 1-54236345

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your Nissan Primera.

We are sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. Please be assured your issue has been assigned to our Case Management Department who will be in contact with you soon.

If there is anything else we can help you with please contact us on 08457 669966 or refer to our website www.nissan.co.uk for further details on any of our vehicles.

Yours Sincerely

Kenny Brown

Nissan Customer Service GB
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri: 08.00 - 20.00, Sat: 10.00 - 16.00
Tel: 08457 669966
Fax: 01923899918
E-mail:
gb@nissan-services.eu

zydecoking View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zydecoking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 1:02pm
Ok and morning all, that all looks promising.
I spoke to Nissan customer services this morning to
get a feel for the system, of course they want to be
case specific ! I then called around a dozen dealers to get a reaction
from them with two purposes in mind, one to see if they had a clue, the other to see if they had recently changed or were about to change a whole unit in order we might grab the old one to get us all one ahead.
Only got to speak to 3 of them so far, the rest are calling me back, one day soon !!! I will keep on pushing this area as the contact from Mr White develops.
Dave 

popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 1:05pm
That`s a good angle Dave.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:10pm
I was in Widnes Car Centre buying some filters and mentioned this to the parts dept. man.
He said that they hadn't sold any DVD units but had sold a few screens.

I sent the following mail to Xanavi but it got bounced back.

There is a problem with your Navigation system installed in the European Nissan Primera P12.

Many Nissan Primera P12 owners are experiencing problems with a blank screen, especially in cold weather.

The problem has been tracked down to a surface mount transistor loosing contact with the circuit board.

The transistor is between 3 coils. A white glue is applied to the coils and also comes into contact with the transistor.

Either by poor soldering or vibration from the coils, the transistor becomes loose.

This board is inside a metal case and is marked:

HAZ 0043

ZSZ1898

This board  is soldered to another board marked:

Oop Xanavi Corp

JKZ 1012

Nissan will only sell the complete DVD unit which is very expensive. Sometimes more than the car is worth.

If you could supply the JKZ 1012 to Nissan, this would mean a cost effective repair for the Primera P12 owners, either by the Nissan dealer or by the owner.

popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:02pm
Hello Ian.
That was an extremely good explanation of the problem & request for parts supply.
We obviously have to find out the correct email address for Xanavi & resend your email.
Can anyone supply Ian with a valid contact for Xanavi.
Regards
Popswoo
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 2:44am
Pops... BIG word of caution here fellaSmile

I have just edited out the post concerning the email you copied in from Bob etc. That email contained his personal email address and 2 phone numbers!

Please please, exercise some common sense with sensitive and personal information. This section can be viewed by anyone with an internet connection, it is NOT a private section.

Many thanks,
Shaun
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 11:39am
Sorry Shaun.
Iwill be more careful in future.
Regards
Popswoo
kieran View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 5:40pm
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!, I have been following this thread for about 6 months and I have finaly fixed my screen by doing what you guys have told us to do on here. You guys deserve a medal. The guy at nissan stealership wanted to charge me £1000.....ISH. It cost nothing more than a few months patience. You guys are the best, ABSOLUTE BEST, and I will be coming back to you if anything else goes wrong with the car. THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Kieran
kb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 82>