Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 82>
Author
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by renrut renrut wrote:

Originally posted by Stevie-Boy Stevie-Boy wrote:

Originally posted by popswoo popswoo wrote:

Hi All.

Update on the Consule problem.

I have offered to Alano the board from my dvd unit to try in their dvd to see if it cures the problem with their dvd.

They are currently checking to see if the part numbers are the same,If they are then I will send them my board & if it works they can keep my board & send me their board for repair which I will then try on my car & pass on to the next person.

I have so far been contacted by 6 P12 owners with the same problem.

I have arranged for a soldering lesson at a local board manufacturer & with guidance from my friend there I may well solder instead of the screw.

My soldering skills have always been related to repairing my toolmaking machines of which I have repaired many in my working life & I just want to make sure that I approach it correctly.

Regards

Popswoo

Legendary Clap

+1!   

If you want someone to give a helping hand I'll help out anyone near me with it, I think I understand the repair procedure from the piccies. I got swanky soldering facilities at work too

Wow, that is an immense thing to do, massive massive respect to youRespect
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
zydecoking View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zydecoking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 5:15pm
Well i have no problem approaching them at all, however maybe we should be sure it won't mess with anyone elses efforts if there are any going on, also does anyone from the club (office area) have any objections
kicking something off like this.
Having worked as a Datsun mechanic all those years ago, I know they make it hard to get to anyone in control, does anyone here have any contact numbers to start the ball rolling.
If not I can find a starting point from the Nissan site, does anyone have a problem with me doing this?
Dave
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 5:50pm

I contacted Nissan customer services several times & they all told me that there is no known issue with the consule & to take the car to their stealership,but I know from reading their manual that they tell their mechanics to warm up the unit using a hot air gun & if it comes alive replace the unit,So they are liars.

I spoke to Nissan customer services last week to try to get replacement boards & they said to contact the following in Japan.
Nissan Japan   0081 335 435 523
Xanavi            0081 462 591 300
They assured me they speak english & are 9 hours in front of us timewise.
Long board details are
oop  Xanavi corp
JKZ 1012
Small board with silver metal box details are
HAZ  0043
ZSZ 1898D
Ser No   0228100
DVD unit No 
N # 28330  AV 601
Model  CCA 5831 CEU
Part name
Cont-assy-AV & NAVI
SER No  20402534 (H) Aoo
Manufacturer
Xanavi Informatics Corp ,  Japan

Good Luck & thank you.

Popswoo
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by popswoo popswoo wrote:

Hi All.
Update on the Consule problem.
I have offered to Alano the board from my dvd unit to try in their dvd to see if it cures the problem with their dvd.
They are currently checking to see if the part numbers are the same,If they are then I will send them my board & if it works they can keep my board & send me their board for repair which I will then try on my car & pass on to the next person.
I have so far been contacted by 6 P12 owners with the same problem.
I have arranged for a soldering lesson at a local board manufacturer & with guidance from my friend there I may well solder instead of the screw.
My soldering skills have always been related to repairing my toolmaking machines of which I have repaired many in my working life & I just want to make sure that I approach it correctly.

Regards

Popswoo

Total respect there for A) offering help to others the way you have suggested and B) getting stuck in and learning new skills to may be do things betterClap
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zydecoking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 6:04pm
Ok so in reality, we are only after the small board as far as we know from your fab investigations, or would you advise changing the whole dvd assy if we had a choice, what would you want to ensure an easy fix?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 6:56pm

Great news that Popswoo's is still working.

And very impressive that he and other are willing to help others get theirs fixed.

I have signed up and sent thanks to the German site where I found this solution.

For a fairly simple, with only screws to remove fix, this board is required.
The board with the problem is inside the metal box.

popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:02pm
Hi All.
Below is a copy of an email sent to Nissan customer services.
It would be helpfull if everyone connected to this club w
Further to your reply regarding my request for help on resolving the problem of the cd/dvd/satnav consule on our Primera P12 where the screen has been blank for many months on many of the Nissan owners club cars & we have been told by your dealers that we have to replace the dvd unit.
You also stated that this was not a known issue with Nissan,But in your workshop manual it states that this is a known issue & instructs mechanics in your dealerships to heat up the unit & if it works under heat replace the unit .I can tell you that this is a very well known problem due to shoddy soldering on the pcb board inside the dvd unit as my investigation has proved.
To correct this problem the small long pcb board needs to be put right by resoldering a transistor on the board correctly or simply just replace the faulty board.This is a very simple job even for the layman.
I enclose one of many notes posted on the Nissan Primera Owners Cub website & ask you to look at all the comments about Nissan washing their hands of this problem.
I would like you to know that there are a lot of very unhappy P12 owners & I for one used to be able to change my car every 2 years but due to this problem the car is not re saleable .
It would be in Nissans interest to make the pcb board available to P12 owners especially with Nissan struggling to sell cars.
Very Best Regards

David Wooster

I contacted Nissan customer services several times & they all told me that there is no known issue with the consule & to take the car to their stealership,but I know from reading their manual that they tell their mechanics to warm up the unit using a hot air gun & if it comes alive replace the unit,So they are liars.

I spoke to Nissan customer services last week to try to get replacement boards & they said to contact the following in Japan.
Nissan Japan   0081 335 435 523
Xanavi            0081 462 591 300
They assured me they speak english & are 9 hours in front of us timewise.
Long board details are
oop  Xanavi corp
JKZ 1012
Small board with silver metal box details are
HAZ  0043
ZSZ 1898D
Ser No   0228100
DVD unit No 
N # 28330  AV 601
Model  CCA 5831 CEU
Part name
Cont-assy-AV & NAVI
SER No  20402534 (H) Aoo
Manufacturer
Xanavi Informatics Corp ,  Japan

Good Luck & thank you.
ould also send an email to them along the same lines.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:08pm
Just the long thin board with the metal box on the end and all the other components along the length of the board.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:11pm
Just had a call from Bob in Portsmouth and he has put the hairdryer on his dvd unit & it has fired up ok.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zydecoking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:26pm
Ok Pops,
The whole long board assy is the way, I will make contact and go for a free / cost price deal on that part alone, in your dealings what was quoted to replace said dvd unit as whole from the stealership? so I can hit them with that.
As a mechanic I used to repair boards not fit new units at huge cost to the customer, but it is the way of it now.
I see the makers of the board in question are owned by Clarion and a huge amount of the work they do is for Nissan, I'm sure there is a lever there somewhere.
Lets get some emails on the go as you suggested, then I will call them with that evidence and do a Jack Russell on their ankles  Rockon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 82>