Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verboaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Welcome to NPOC
The under seat DVD came in with the facelift 2004/2005. Not compatible with your car
Send yours to ideal technology or find a local Laptop repairer

Just to let you all know that I did as suggested and have had a local pc repair guy resolder the chip on the board, hes shown me the tiny solders he had to do via microscope and I'm confident his repair was correct, I have fitted it back to the car but am having exactly the same issue as before, I get fans come on and the screen eventually lights up grey but nothing else, all other soldering on the unit looked fine.

As this unit powers everything from the radio to the demisters I deem the latter a necessity to drive over Winter so the next visit for my p12 estate will be to the scrappy Ouch

Well done Nissan!Thumbs UpCensored
Verboaten View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verboaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:10pm
I bought new shocks/brake pads/tow bar kit for this car, if I bought a later model estate say 2005 without this annoying problem, would those parts fit the new car?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:13pm
Sorry to hear the fix did not work for you, had you tried the hair dryer test to check that it was a similar fault? You say soldered the chip, is that your terminology as it was a transistor that was the culprit which was being pulled from the board by the glue?
Verboaten View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verboaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Sorry to hear the fix did not work for you, had you tried the hair dryer test to check that it was a similar fault? You say soldered the chip, is that your terminology as it was a transistor that was the culprit which was being pulled from the board by the glue?

Yes this was the only part that was loose, the transister was resoldered and glue removed.
Unit worked when it was hot, stopped working in the cold.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 8:31pm
That's a bit of a surprise.
Sounds like they had the right kit to do the job.

With it working when hot and not cold, I would suspect one of the joints that has been soldered is not right.
The only other thing could be when they removed the DC/DC from the Long Board, the tracks have been damaged or the pins have not been fully soldered back in.

See Pic 3 in the How to 
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

That's a bit of a surprise.
Sounds like they had the right kit to do the job.

With it working when hot and not cold, I would suspect one of the joints that has been soldered is not right.
The only other thing could be when they removed the DC/DC from the Long Board, the tracks have been damaged or the pins have not been fully soldered back in.

See Pic 3 in the How to 
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html

Agreed
JoYsTiK View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoYsTiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:04pm
Hi
Sorry for my bad english.
I hava same problem with screen. When its hot it works and cold wether id would not. Im attempting to do screw fix put i cant get acess to this threat. Any one have glue for this issue?

Regards
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:59pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

Cant see why you can not get access to the thread
Blazingangel1986 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingangel1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:39am
oh wow, I read this entire thread and found it extremely informative. I will give everything in here a try, but I have a question as I've seen it done on a different vehicle I can only inquire. Would it be possible to rewire the ac to a manually installed switch if all else fails. Or is that out of the question.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 12:26pm
I would try the Fix on here which should work. Thumbs Up  Unless you have a Degree in Rocketship Space Technology, you should not mess with P12 electrics. Ouch  LOL
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>