Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12: Hands free advice please!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 5:22pm
My alarm bells are ringing with this installation.

The instructions showing the install under the handbrake was for the pre 04 P12. The loom was changed together with the position on later P12s and if you read the whole of the post on the previous page you will see the two systems are not compatible.

At least you will see this on the test installation. Good luck
Tran$porter View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 7:21pm
Yer I know, My alarm bell also rang, but I had to go with what the dealer said!!! He assured me it was a cross model kit, so in my poor wisdom, I decided he knew more than me.

Anyway the test installation was a complete confirmation of what you guys said, and I thought, proving that the dealer knows Jack.  The kit didnt fit Cry so back to the dealer tomorrow!!!!

I have attached a couple of photos to this message just so you can confirm i'm playing with the right wiring, before I insert the kit somewhere then regret it later lol Embarrassed

Do you know any of the part numbers for the phone kits available for the post '04? and the phones that fit it? that would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance.

So i'm thinking the multiplug is the phone wiring and the white connecter underneath is the aerial socket?

Heres hoping you can help!

Fraser.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 12:10am
Hmm..this is confusing as the part number you have been quoted should be correct:-

KE283-AV720

Nokia

5110, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6310 (i)

High

These are the phones and kit compatible with your mode.

What did not fit or worK and what cradle and phone are you using?
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 5:51am
Well, if the socket I have shown in the picture is in fact the telephone socket, the wiring harness supplied physically doesnt fit into it. All the fitting instructions images are for the older interior. The phone is a 6310i and does fit into the supplied kit.

So I'm guessing that i need the KE283-BA000 and a 28334-BA100, and a new phone to fit that kit, which I think I have in a drawer somewhere.  I'm going back to the Dealer to see if he'll exchange the kit for the right one. (wish me luck Confused)

The confusing bit for me is the later kit is for '05 model onward, The kit I bought is the up to 2004, and my car is a 2004, is it possible mine is a 2005 car shipped in early and registered in 2004?

Fraser.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 5:29pm
Looks like it othwerwise there would be no wiring loom in your picture.
The SVE has satnav therefore the dvd unit is under the passeger seat and you should big internal silver door handles.
If you have these you have the later model
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 9:51am
Ok,  finally resolved this issue, (with some difficulty and stress) but i'm now a self taught expert in p12 mobile phones LOL.  Basically the supplied kit was the wrong one Confused my p12 although built in july 2004, does have the big silver door handles and the DVD player under the seat. Nissan cannot give me any idea how this has come to be.

So this is how the story goes in brief, from start to finish:

1. Bought the kit listed for the car / chassis number. £230.00

2. Tried to fit it, and failed.

3. Returned the kit to the dealer (unopened)

4. Ordered the kit for the '05 onward model, with the Nokia Cradle, £425.00 Unhappy

5. Was told by the dealer that the first kit is not returnable and I would have to keep it. Angry

6. Phoned Nissan Customer Service who said it was the dealers fault Confused and nothing to do with the fact THEY listed the wrong parts next to the VIN No.

7. Dealer phoned me back and said they felt bad about the situation and would sell me the new part at cost price, and would also ammend the incorrect kit to cost price. Total = £410.00.

8. I think about this and realize i'm getting the kit I need (retail £425.00) and keeping the new kit I dont need (retail =£230.00) all for £410.00. So I say "OK THEN" Go Westway Oldham!!! Clap

9. Take posession of the new kit, after 4 days wait! Take it home and fit it, doddle!!!!

So in conclusion, Nissan Customer Service Dept SUCK!!! Westway Nissan ROCK!!! Rockonand I'm now a happy primera owner with a integrated car phone, bought for £15 cheaper than retail, with a pre '05 kit thown in free for all the trouble. I've still spent £415.00 on a car phone, which I wouldnt have done if that was the price I had been quoted initially, but hey you live and learn.

The Kit is easy to fit, and well worth having, the call quality is fantastic, all the cars buttons work and it mutes the radio / sat nav etc. In my opinion its well worth having. If albeit expensive.

If anyone needs any help, or advise in this area, I be happy to pass on my newly gained knowledge PM me or Mail MeI took lots of pictures while fitting the kit, so over the weekend I will be putting together a walkthrough for the "How to" section of the forums. I shall be selling the pre '05 kit, complete with compatable phone soon, I will advertise it in the Trading section of the forums and probably on the bay, and see if I can get my money back Approve so watch these spaces!!!!

Finally, Thanks for all the help / advise you guys have given me during my first modding install. I couldnt / wouldnt have done it without you!!!!.

Fraser.

"All men die! Some never live" - '54 P12
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 11:18am
Hey Fraser that is great, glad you got sorted.  Pity it took over 400 quid to get there like but if you can sell your other kit and make something back, all the better.  You're the official P12 hands free guru now!! Big%20smile
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 11:48am
So I take it you new kit came with the replacement tray for the arm rest console
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 6:10pm
Yes it comes with a new tray, phone cradle mount and harness, a control unit and a little bag of screws etc.  Oh and the worst set of fitting instructions I have ever seen LOL.

The actual phone phone cradle is ordered separately, as they fit several phone models.  The kit also assumes you have the SVE model, with the antenna and mic already fitted.  These two parts are available for the S model.

NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 10:53pm
Ok the install walkthrough is now up in the "How to section" http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23966

Hope it may help someone! Wahey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>