Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 EGR pipe removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin7937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 8:19am
OK than, thanks anyway.
Mattbobbillburns View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattbobbillburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:59am
Hi, very old post but I’ve been looking up EGR discussions, I’ve bought a 95 P10 eGT and the pipe going into the EGR has been cut off, can’t see a blank anywhere but presume it must be. It has an after market manifold on it.

Just wanted to understand, what is the benefit of removing the EGR? I imagine it’ll impact emissions but is there a counter performance benefit that makes it worthwhile?
matt56 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:06am
Egr is for nox emmisions the hotter the combustion temps the higher the emmisions.
Egr works by recirculating a part of your exhaust gas back into the combustion chamber to be reburned and the downside to this is it mixes with oil vapour and creates sludge that can potentially jam up the egr valve itself and intake manifold
On a petrol engine I've never seen a bad intake full of carbon/sludge with egr fitted unless it's a direct injection engine.
Personally I would leave your old tech egr in place as it's not that good at recirculating exhaust gas to cause you a problem👍🏻
Mattbobbillburns View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattbobbillburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 6:38pm
Spot on thanks mate, I’ll leave it as is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12