Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Hub Nut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpatrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Hub Nut
    Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 2:08am
Guys I'm new on here and I love my GT, (bronz/orange) she drives a dream but has a slight issue. The left front hub nut kees working its way loose, now it has the spacers there and split pins, latest trick is lock nut, now are my bearings shot or jsut the thread on that dam nut?
Where do I get one of this from?
Mr P - Phil Patrick
Lurch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 2:30am
how is it working itself loose if it's got the split pins fitted? or is it just loose and the split pin is the only thing holding the nut on?

I assume you are torqueing it up correctly...as primera hub nuts are up to a rediculous torque setting...high 280ftlbs i think...(can't remember off the top of my head)

have you tried putting a little bit of plumbers tape around the threads in case there is any play in the threads to maybe take that slack up...?

mrpatrick84 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpatrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 2:33am
It just works itself loose, even with spli pins have put lock nut incase of vibrations, im awaiting m haynes manual, but i was told the torgue was only 112lbs, so if this is wrong thats it but the drivers side is fine
Mr P - Phil Patrick
Lurch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 2:57am
well that might be a good place to start...

slightly out with the figure but official nissan figures areeeee.....

235 - 314 N-m
174 - 231 ft-lbs

so i'd get it torqued up properly first and see what happens!

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpatrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 2:59am

Another Job for tomorro Thanks

Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile
Mr P - Phil Patrick
Lurch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 3:00am
nay problemo's and as your having problems with it...i'd aim for the latter torque figures

let us know how you get on Thumbs%20Up

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpatrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 12:42am
Big%20smile
All torqued up feels great and handles better, corners and braking is already improved

Thanks guys
Mr P - Phil Patrick
Lurch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 1:03am
Good stuff....

next purchase for you then is haynes manual full of torque settings...

lucky you had the split pin in or that could have been nasty...Stern%20Smile

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpatrick84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 1:08am
Came this morning, so I own a haynes manual now and got all the settings
Mr P - Phil Patrick
Lurch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 1:26am
Top stuff...Thumbs%20Up

you'll probably find it very unuseful for some tasks as it can spout some crap that book...but then thats what we are here for LOL

Post Reply Post Reply