Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2006 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May 2006 - Nabber (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 2006 - Nabber (P11)
    Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 12:12am

Congratulations go to Nabber for winning Car of the Month for May 2006.

His glorious black GT is a prime example of how a good GT should look.

Well done Nabbs, does it feel good to win CotM?

It feels great, I've always wanted to get CotM and now I know what all the other winners feel like as I was quite taken aback when I received notice of winning it. CotM is one of the things that stood out when I joined the site full time and it really is something to aim for when you start modding your car.

Before we discuss the car, can you tell us about yourself?

I'm 37 years young and I live in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear with my girlfriend Melanie, daughter Kaitlin (7yrs old) and son Aaron (12yrs old). I have worked for nmuk (Nissan motor manufacturing) at the Sunderland plant for the last 16 and a bit years, I started there when they were building the Bluebird and I've built the Primera since it was born. I worked on the trim lines for 15 and a half years and last summer I was put out to graze in the bumper paint dept (due to poorly knees) which is an easy life for me now lol.

Cheers Nabbs! What inspired you to buy a Primera and were you looking for a GT in particular? Is this your first Primera? How did you find NPOC?

Well I've always liked the GT going all the way back to the P10 eZX and eGT through to the GT but I bought my first mera in 2001. It was a 144 Nordic Blue 1.8 Sport, lovely looking car and I loved it apart from the performance, maybe if it had the GT set up it would have been spot on. At the time of buying the GT there weren't many coming up for sale so I had to wait a good few months. So while I was waiting I sold the Nordic and bought a Clio MTV limited edition which was a cracking little car (for a Renault), then sold that when I bought the GT. I found NPOC when I was sourcing sites on the net for mera modifications and I came across our very own Kev Shek (him again!! - SC) and Skymera and one of his links led me to the NPOC, and I've never looked back since.

Is this your first dip into the modding ocean, any cars you've worked on before this one?

This is actually the first time I've ever done this yes, and I've loved every minute of it.

Right, now onto the GT. Give us your modification list and I'd also like to know, what is your favourite mod you've done and which was the most difficult?

Here goes with the mods so far: 17" BK Racing alloys, lowered 35mm, cat back exhaust system by Powerflow (some people slate Powerflow but I actually do rate them depends which garage you go to I suppose), SS Autochrome header and downpipe, clear rear light clusters, clear side repeaters, M3 style mirrors, smoked side window rain deflectors, brushed aluminium dash and console kit, black 8 ball gearknob, headlight eyebrows, drilled grooved and vented discs all round, K&N air induction kit, chrome hood lifters, blue led dash light conversion. My favourite mod has to be the alloys and lowering kit combined, just gives the car a great look and I would say that's the best way to start your mods, my NPOC membership is a favourite mod as well :-) I would say the most difficult mod would have to be the lowering which probably took longer than any other mod but then again I didn't do it, my good friends John Fothergill and Graeme Farrow of High Performance Garages in Sunderland had done all of my work for me so I guess I'm just lucky to have mates like these two ; )

Awesome mod list! I always try to grab an exclusive, any mods to be done soon?!

Yeah I am just about to split my headlamps and colour code the insides the same colour as the car (black) which I hope looks good as I have been mulling over this idea for a while now and I'm off work for 4 days so I'm going to do it then. Just ordered my super pro poly bushes for the front end to go with my rear trailing arm bushes which I've had for about a year now but never got round to fitting lol, and in the future I will be buying some new cams. I will be receiving a nice shiny chrome VC as well so will have to tart the engine bay up a bit as well lol.

If money were no object, what would you most like to do to your car?

I would love the turbo conversion with all the trimmings, no expense spared.

We've seen you out and about this year, the meets and my engine swap, does this year hold more club dates on the calendar for you?

Hopefully work permitting I will endeavour to get to as many meets as possible you know me Stevie, I will travel anywhere lol as I love driving anyway. Really looking forward to the summer meets as all the meets I've been to lately have been freezing or raining!

Congratulations again for winning Car of the Month, your GT is a shining example and we all thank you for being a cracking club member. Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

I would like to thank all the guys who have given me help and advice on certain mods and problems, it really is better than going to a garage with the advice and knowledge this club offers. Cheers and many thanks fellas and to all that have made CotM possible for me, thanks Nabbs.

Car of the Month May 2006 - Nabber - P11 GT

Written by Stevie Boy

Post Reply Post Reply