Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2006 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

December 2006 - Master_At_Work (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: December 2006 - Master_At_Work (P10)
    Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 2:57am

Congratulations go to James (Master_at_Work) for winning Car of the Month December 2006.

His fantastic P10 is a real head turner and certainly gets our vote!

Well done James, how does it feel to win CotM? From joining in January to taking the award in December is good going!

Like you said Steve, I have only been a member almost a year now and this is such a surprise, it's the last thing I expected. I opened your mail thinking no way and started laughing thinking it was a joke at first. So to say I'm well pleased with the award of COTM is an understatement.

Awesome! Before we discuss the ten, can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Well I'm 24, turning 25 in February. I was born in Manchester but have spent all my life in Bonny Aberdeen. After leaving my parents I moved to a flat over looking the famous Beach Boulevard. I now have a chilled out life in Bridge of Don with my girlfriend Carly. I work for my Dad's company Latent as a Web/Graphic Designer and do a bit of Freelance work every so often also studying to become a CIW Webmaster.

Many Thanks. How did you come to own this particular car, were you specifically looking for a Primera? Also, how did you come to find NPOC?

After having lost my licence for 18 months I wasn't sure what I was after, something bigger than my usual hatch and had to be Japanese. So after looking through the local Scot Ads I spotted the Ten and remembered my love for the Primera from when I was a kid watching touring cars on TV and playing Toca on the Playstation. So I called and went round to see her that cold winters night, it was dark and I know I shouldn't of given in until I'd seen her in the day but I had to have her. Went for a spin everything sounded good, no noise nothing so I picked her up the next day. I came across NPOC when I was actually looking for info about the Primera and what to look out for when buying one. Of course, NPOC was the first place I came across and from that moment I was hooked.

Did you start with the intention of modifying or is that something that came later? Congrats on a superb colour scheme too!

I didn't know what I was going to do with the Ten at first until the weekend came and first thought eGT spec with a few subtle changes which I have stuck with and currently working towards.

Have you modified any other cars or is this your first?

I have modified both my first and second cars. My first car was a Vauxhall Nova 1.2 with 15in Compomotive Mo's, Spax fully adjustable suspension, Janspeed Exhaust. I just hope the Ten handles that good when the suspension gets uprated. Next it was a brand new 2001 Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 16v with 16in Wolfrace Ikons, Spax 40mm springs, K&N Induction Kit and Janspeed Exhaust.

What modifications have you made to the car and if you had to select one, can you single out anything as your favourite?

Modifications so far are the 16in White Rota Grids, eGT Spoiler, eGT Leather Seats, Electric Sunroof Conversion, Custom made Induction Kit with a K&N Filter, Custom made grille and Sony Headunit and 10 Disc Changer. The Rota Grids have to be my favourite mod so far as it sets of the car something rotten and those alone get people looking at the car especially the wee kiddies in there MPVs with that WOW look at them lol.

Red and white works!! Have you any mods in the pipeline that you?d like to share with us?!

Mods in the short term are to finish off the interior with eGT door cards, fit the 40mm lowering springs that have been sitting in my parents garage far too long and the exhaust system. Longer term will be uprated shocks, eGT side skirts or maybe something slightly different.

If your numbers came up, what would you love to do with the car?

If I was ever that lucky I'd love to put a Skyline engine in and maybe 4x4 conversion with the Skyline kit, but then again I'd be able to afford the beautiful Skyline R34 GTR Twin Turbo. I would do both lol.

How has your first year of club life gone?

My first year as part of NPOC has been great and everyone is amazing and friendly, I hope I have made a few friends here over the last year and I'm sure you'd make me feel very welcome if I make it to the shows next year. Another good thing about this place is it's saved me a fortune on repair costs and mods.

Can we hope to see you around the shows and events in 2007?

I'd love to make the shows next year with a more or less a finished Ten but being so far away from most of you guys and the shows its hard. In the new year my girlfriend and I are planning going back home more so I hope to tie it in with a couple of meets or shows would be great to meet the guys and mustn't forget the girls.

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your LX is a sorted motor and we all love what you have done with her. Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

First I'd like to thank all you guys for choosing my car as COTM and all the peeps on the forum for their help and advice.

Carly for putting up with me going on about my car and spending many hours ignoring her but she understands now she owns her first car.

Then there's my Dad he has been a legend over the years especially helping me chose the perfect Ten and when needed being there to help with the minor repairs she has needed.

Thanks again everyone it has been a pleasure answering these questions for you.

Car of the Month December 2006 - Master_at_Work - P10 LX

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply