Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2005 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

July 2005 - Markbuts3 (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: July 2005 - Markbuts3 (P10)
    Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 1:36am

Congratulations go to Mark Butterworth for taking Julys Car of the Month award.

His gorgeous black eGT is a favourite in the club and is well worthy of the honour and should delight the Ten Army!!

Mark, how do you feel to be given the award this month?

I was definitely surprised (pleasantly) by it. My car is not one of the most highly modded in the club and as all owners do, I feel it needs a lot of work still doing to it.

As always, let's hear a bit about yourself first.

Well I'm in my thirties with a three year old son, me and Karen have been together since I was 18 but haven't got married yet. We will one day I'm sure. I'm currently working an awful evening shift job that I hate. I previously worked at our local college in the engineering and construction department, and loved that.

Thanks, is this your first Primera and can you tell us how you come to buy this particular car?

It's my second Primera. My first one, also a P10 eGT, was neglected by me and died. As I couldn?t get an engine for it easily it sat at the bottom of our drive while I drove around in various cars?Bluebird 2.0, Sierra 2.0, Montego 2.0. Anyone notice a trend there?

I finally decided that I wanted to get myself another eGT as none of the others compared to it. I bought the car just before Christmas 2003 and found the forum at the same time. I initially came on to research the stupid aerial connector but I stayed around and met some good people on here and managed to sell some bit of my old car too.

Two litre lover!! Is this your first journey into car modification?

The most modification I've done to a car before was to fit white Weller steel wheels to a Vauxhall Chevette. It was obviously a few years ago.

A good time to let us know what modifications you have done to the car.

I've probably got more mods still to fit/finish than what I've already done, but I'll leave those 'till later.

SSAutochrome header, Blitz SUS Power air filter, short shifter, advanced timing, D2 racing coilovers, P11 GTLE alloys (205/50-16), Rebadged as Infiniti (rear badge, wheel centres, front grille), Nardi steering wheel, power folding mirrors, rear lights tinted with Nite Shades, Blaupunkt HU, Xenarc in-dash touch screen for PC, Bluelight button (not wired to anything yet).

From the mods you have done, which is your favourite?

That has to be the coilovers and alloys combined, they made a massive difference to the look and handling of the car.

Mmm coilovers, the car must ride nicely on those?

It has virtually no body roll, but is a little harsh over the potholes. On country lanes it's fantastic, it just corners brilliantly. I just need to get the final damper swapped out with the new one and I'll be happy.

Tell us some more about your computer install, how is it coming along? Any future mods you would like to disclose?

Well, when it's finally done I will have MP3 playback with control via the touchscreen. Selection is via album art so you will see a pic of the CD cover. It will also play video files, and DVD discs can be loaded into the slimline DVD drive (on the shelf below the steering wheel). The video/DVD playback is obviously for use while parked. Voice guided sat-nav which also mutes the music to announce directions. I still have to work out how to integrate the consult program into the main program, but I'm sure it will work somehow. I was also toying with the idea of a wideband A/F sensor to display on the screen, but I don't think it's really needed for a NA car. My mobile will be controlled from the touchscreen, and if I fit a mic I will be able to use that and the car's speakers for phone calls.

Future mods, as I mentioned before I have lots still to do. I have some things in the house that just need fitting, others that need finishing and others that I haven?t even started.

Just for starters, JGY LSD, thermoblok spacers, custom intake (eventually), strut braces, Scorpion cat back exhaust. And to eventually repaint the alloys.

I may look at more body bracing too, as you can tell with the coilovers, LSD and strut braces, I like to be able to corner quickly.

I love the G20 grill and badging, another big honour for you was to be asked to moderate the G20 forums, that must have been a nice surprise!!?

Yea, that came out of the blue, totally unexpected. It keeps me busy over there, but I still make time to check out things on here to see if there is anything I can offer advice on?and to have a laugh.

The forum here owes a lot to you for your sharing of knowledge, it must give you a lot of pleasure to help people solve their problems?

Yea I like to help, I've learnt a lot from others on the forum and it's good to be able to help in the areas that I can. I leave the ICE to others though, not my forte.

If money was no object, what modification would you do to the Primera?

That's a difficult one. I think I?d probably get a VE, turbo it, fit a Cusco LSD and lightweight wheels. Definitely get a re-spray; I wonder what a Mystic P10 would look like. Or would I just import a T4? So many options are opened up if you don?t have to worry about the cost.

I?m sure a lot of people would like to thank you for your input Mark but this is your turn so please give your thanks and shouts to anyone who has helped you on your way.

I hope I don't miss anyone off here. Thanks to:

Shaun (essNchill) for pointing me to the GTLE alloys, Dave (chino88) for the grill, Colin (trbobrk) for the centrecaps, Chris (P10Defiance) for the rear emblem, Leigh (leighzx) for the LSD, Gaz (GJEGT) for the bits of his old zorst, Todd (embryoyo) for the bluelight button?

I'm sure I've missed someone, so I'll just say thanks to anyone who feels they deserve thanks from me lol.

CAR OF THE MONTH JULY 2005 - MARK (MARKBUTS3) P10 eGT

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply