Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P11 HEADLIGHT NOT WORKING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walshy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P11 HEADLIGHT NOT WORKING
    Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 6:44pm
Scratching my head here!!!
Looking for a headlight fault. Both dipped and main beam not working on drivers side. Pass side fine and both working. Checked underbonnet fuses , all ok,  metered out and no voltage reaching the multiplug that attaches to headlight. I'm mystified? any relays anywhere or anyone had similar problems? 
Its a 99-T 1.6 SX if that helps 
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:00pm
No relays, just 2 fuses and the stalk switch (and a few wires).  It's fuses 52 and 53 in the fusible link box according to Mr Haynes if he's right on this occasion.  That's the 3rd and 4th fuses from the left on the top row (the most populated row of 2), and they're 15A.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:05pm
According to the Haynes manual....

Fuse 52 and 53 are for the headlights. No relays.
Red wire going to the switch for the RH headlight
Red and white for the LH.

I don't know what left and right are in relation to driver side/passenger side.
walshy66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walshy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:15pm
My headlight fuses are under bonnet  in a seperate fusebox next to battery
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by walshy66 walshy66 wrote:

My headlight fuses are under bonnet  in a seperate fusebox next to battery

Yes, they are called fusible links in Haynes. They are not in the interior fusebox.
There should be a 10 AMP, a gap and then the 2 headlight fusible links.
walshy66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walshy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 8:59pm
Sussed it out ( I think). Traced all way back to column switch. had to do it long hand as I don't have a haynes manual as yet, looks like column switch is knacked. Fine if i link the cables out but wont work on column switch. Had a blown headlamp too which didn't aid fault finding.
I have had Fiats for 25 years and yes,from what I've seen so far  Nissan switch gear is just as cheap and nasty as those masters of bad earths and dodgy electrics, the Italians!!!
Scrap yard visit tomorrow I think to find another column switch    
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 9:46pm
edited title to include model, may help people help you...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
walshy66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walshy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

edited title to include model, may help people help you...

2nd time I've been told off for that. I WILL remember next time. I've only had the car 2 days , never owned a Nissan before. 25 years with Fiats you see and they rarely re-hash a model, they just bring a new one out, BUT if they do bring a new model out with an old name , they just call it mark2, mark3 etc.
I consider myself told off now!!
Seriously though, folk on here are so helpful and I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who's helped me with my first dabble with a Datsun!!!   
 Post Reply Post Reply