Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Key Fob Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old D'Oyly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Key Fob Issue
    Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 1:52pm
Hello NPOCers,

Hoping to pick up & maybe share some tips about owning & getting best value from a Primera.

As a start can anyone direct me to a post dealing with a key fob that's suddenly stopped working(the separate Siemens one with red and black buttons..R plate)?

I've bought new batteries and it's still not working I've also had a dabble around and it seems that they need resetting occasionly could it be that or is it just broken?

Have got a spare with all the blurb still legible. 

Thanks in advance.

D'Oyly
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:08pm
Hiya, welcome to the club Thumbs Up

I've moved your post over to the General Section where you'll get better visibility on your keyfob issue.

Spot on normally with a new member thread but just to be sure your issue gets some good attention Smile.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Old D'Oyly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old D'Oyly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:30pm
Thanks for that SB,

I've had the Primera over three years and this is the only "trouble" I've had, it's sailed through three MOTs too.

I've looked after it and replaced the clutch and front discs when they needed to be replaced but I view doing those sort of jobs in the same way as replacing tyres.
Things wear out - they have to be replaced...simple.
It's never let me down and I just thought I'd ask if there was a way of sorting this keyfob issue out in a similar manner   ie. has it simply worn out or have the batteries gone flat causing the fob to be "unprogrammed" ?

Maybe I'm talking a load of old toffee...it has been known!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:04pm
Good way to look at things yeah.  You could try this for sure:

Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:07pm
Welcome to NPOC TimWave.

Hope you get the key fob sorted, I see SB had posted the link, so hopefully that should help you get it working again. Thumbs Up

Hope you enjoy the forums Smile
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old D'Oyly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 5:08pm
Thanks for the welcomes and the quick response here's how I fared:

I've just tried the Set A procedeure and at step.4 (after pressing and holding unlock and pressing lock button three times) the indicators didn't flash.
The same thing happened when I tried the Set B procedeure.
Neither keyfob is working now (even after waiting for a couple of minutes).... Blast !
What I didn't understand is whether the indicators should flash after each time you perform step 3.
I did notice that if at any time after step 2, you switch the ignition back to the on position for the first time the indicators flashed twice.
Any ideas? Thanks again I think It's nearly there.

To Re-program Keyfobs:

Set A:

You must have all the keys for the car with you as you will need to re-program them all, because a new code is added to the keyfobs rendering the last code usless.

1. Switch ignition switch 6 times from the LOCK position to the ON position within 10 seconds. Return the key to the lock position. Did that.

2. After 2 seconds the directional indicators will flash twice. Yes, that happened. If not, remove key for 10 seconds and repeat 1

3. Switch the ignition switch back to the on position.

Press and HOLD the UNLOCK button (black)

Press the LOCK button (red) 3 times

Release the UNLOCK button

4. If the keyfob registration is performed correctly, the directional indicators will flash twice. That didn't happen.

5. To re-program another key (up to 4 fobs can be programmed) then remove key, pop the next one in and go to step 3 otherwise go to step 6.

6. Remove the key from the ignition switch and test the remote keyfobs to make sure they function properly. If any fail then you will have to repeat from 1 and re-code all the keys again.

SET B:

Updated Keyfob reprogram operations here for ease of use!

1. Switch ignition switch 6 times from the LOCK position to the ON position within 10 seconds. KEEP THE the key to the OFF position. Did that.

2. After 2 seconds the directional indicators will flash twice. Yes, that happened. If not, remove key for 10 seconds and repeat 1

3. KEEP THE the key to the OFF position. (DO NOT Switch the ignition switch back to the on position.)

Press and HOLD the UNLOCK button (black)

Press the LOCK button (red) 3 times

Release the UNLOCK button

4. If the keyfob registration is performed correctly, the directional indicators will flash twice. That didn't happen.

5. To re-program another key (up to 4 fobs can be programmed) then remove key, pop the next one in and go to step 3 otherwise go to step 6.

6. Remove the key from the ignition switch. (LEAVE THE CAR TO THINK ABOUT IT FOR A LITTLE BIT) and test the remote keyfobs to make sure they function properly (I FOUND THEY DIDN'T WORK IMMEDIATLY BUT DID AFTER A COUPLE OF MINS).

If any fail (to get all the fobs working) then you will have to repeat from 1 and re-code all the keys again.

Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 8:41pm
Welcome to the NPOC Tim Wave

Sounds like you're Fob could be dead.

You can get replacement ones from eBay and such like.

Just make sure the frequencies are the same Thumbs Up

Enjoy the Forums Wahey

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old D'Oyly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 7:43pm
They're fixed now! I must have been doing something wrong but never mind.
Took it to a local Nissan garage, they reset them both for £30 + vat.
Not waking my neighbours up every time I get in it in the morning any more, sort of worth it.
Going to get round to doing that driver side wiper spindle next...been putting it off, Honest John website says it's a very common problem. Looks do-able from the walkthrough was thinking of going to a breakers but wont they all be suffering from the same problem?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 4:35pm
Glad you got sorted in the end, happy birthday aswell :-)
nutworld View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 10:18pm
i had to do wiper spindle (driverside) just after buying my gt
too me half hour to remove it all an another half hour to put it all back
that was without reading the description on here or any other site
so its an easy job

Post Reply Post Reply