Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 DCi Xcarlink Install Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 DCi Xcarlink Install Help
    Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:01am
Hi. 

Help required :)

I have a Nissan Primera 2.2 DCi (November 2004) the later facelift model apparently. I have just bought one of those xcarlink iPhone interfaces to replace the CD player with my iPhone. Anyway, I've used this kind of interface before on an Audi, but on the Primera, I cannot access to where the CD player plugs into the sound system. How much of the dash, if any, do I need to remove, and how do I do it? I've got the side panels off where you put your feet, but there's not a lot of room to reach up and play with cables in the dark.

Thanks in advance.

Regards. 

Kent.
japcity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:07pm
OK. I've been at it again and so far I have managed to remove the connector form the back of the CD player... Didn't need to take any of the dash off, but just the panel on the drivers side floor well area. It was a tight squeeze for my hands and the plug did NOT want to budge. I had to break it in the end by prizing it away with a screwdriver. The next step will be to fit the interface, but it needs an additional power input from the battery and ignition. I'll need to go and get a current tester to find out where I'll pull the feeds from. Watch this space...
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:52pm
Most of the electrical plugs on the Nissan have clips that have to be rotated to release.
Be very careful medling with the P12 electrics as dire consequences can result. Do a search on here a couple of peeps have done write ups on what to do and use.
japcity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:30am
All fitted and works well! Can play my iPhone through the on-board stereo. Quite fiddly to install, but well worth it :)
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:44am
Glad to hear its all working. Out of curiosity what happens to the internal display?
Now enjoying wafty effortless power.
japcity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 12:25pm
Hi. The screen goes over to the CD changer screen. The Xcarlink interface simply tricks the system into thinking it has a CD changer installed instead of an iPhone / iPod. No track info is displayed. You can change the music on the iPhone using the steering wheel control. If you buy the bluetooth accessory that fits into the Xcarlink interface, you can stream the music from your iPhone without using the dock connector. In other words, you can have the iPhone anywhere in the car. However, using the bluetooth you can't change the tracks on the steering wheel... When you try to do this, it seems to get stuck and then you have to press "SRC" on your steering wheel to get the music back. But, I'm quite pleased it works and works well. Using the bluetooth you can even receive and make calls hands-free. 
pipkinmark View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipkinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:11pm
how much was the xcarlink?? i have 05 p12 so this fit just fine??
pipkinmark View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipkinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:12pm
can you still use sat nav etc
edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:08pm
Wow what a product! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I need only now to find out if the N16 also has a CD changer port. I expect it will as it's such a similar setup.
japcity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 12:18pm
Hi. The Xcarlink cost 123 GBP including postage (to France) and the bluetooth add on. Check their website: http://www.xcarlink.co.uk . SATNAV and everything else works just fine. My P12 is a 2004 (November) model, so I guess yours should also be OK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>