Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2004 Engine Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:59pm
Your invoive should proabbly say fault code P0089 etc. ( it won't be that ) OR it might say TW cat system, etc. I need to know that to be of any help
crisaxel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crisaxel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Baz007 Baz007 wrote:

Your invoive should proabbly say fault code P0089 etc. ( it won't be that ) OR it might say TW cat system, etc. I need to know that to be of any help

You mean invoice, but the problem is that I don't have it :( The mecanic made the verification for free and he didn't charge it. He was to busy with other cars and he did a quick verification of my car. I'm not that helpful isn't it? 
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:14pm
Sorry, everybody is allowed at least 5 typo's a day!

Your mechanic could be right and lets face it, he's seen the car. Poor fuel quality can effect the O2 sensor readings but also the MAF can affect them. I can only assume that you have some sort of fuel sytem fault.
enigma View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 8:40pm
Guys any problems with your primera always always call nissan and ask about any recalls for your model? nissan quoted me £500.00 to fix a sensor problem engine was running like crap, and cut out now and again. I decided to check online for any recalls for my symptoms and found the sensor problem.
Next day i took it back to nissan saying i wanted to book it in under the recall and they did so it was free, point im trying to make is checking recalls is easily over looked when you had your car a while and you assume you have to pay for  any problems yourself, had mine 5 yrs before the problem showed its a 2002 primera.
But just checking out of curiosity saved me £500.00 so always check my freind had a problem on a 2004 primera was quoted £800.00 for a leaking steering rack or sommin again i checked and found it was under a recall Big smile
crisaxel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crisaxel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:58pm
Again  the same problem, they didn't fix the problem, but this time I come with the code you were talking about  P0420 is the code and the problem seems to be the catalyst system. But I don't know why they don't manage to fix it.
Any ideeas?
10nx
yekim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 7:10am
Hi Guys, I am getting the exact same error message after changing my battery. Car was running great before standing in cold weather (which prompted the change of battery) and is still running great now apart from the error message.

Any ideas?
yekim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 7:11am
Sorry, forgot to say car is a 2002 P12 1.8 SVE.
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:32am
Possibly an exhaust leak? That would confuse things at the o2 sensor readings.
Now enjoying wafty effortless power.
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 5:21pm
Off the top of my head thats a rear O2 fault but somebody will know for sure. Its possible poor fuel, faulty sensor, dodgy wiring, throtle body, MAF sensor, exhaust leak....The list goes on.

Smart money is on  the MAF tough, ask your gargae to check it and give you the readings.
crisaxel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crisaxel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 10:17am
Ok, back with some info. They did as I said, checking the MAF sensor and  there was a problem with it. Now I have to change it. Anyone knows where to find it at some online shop that will ship it in Greece? At the Nissan service it costs me around 250 euros.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>