Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Idle problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Idle problem
    Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 9:36am
Hi there
When I start my p11 the idle is surging between 2k and 3k. It setlles down after driving and seems ok trough the rest of the gears but when i stop and start again the same thing happens. Any ideas what this is??
Any help would be greatly appreciated
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 9:46am
AAC valve is sticking by the sound of it.  try disconnecting it and see if it improves .... you may need to rev/blip a little when it's cold btw.

just unplug the brown plug in the pic below ( shauns pic that I stole Embarrassed )

COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

Rodney View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by prim-n-proper prim-n-proper wrote:

AAC valve is sticking by the sound of it.  try disconnecting it and see if it improves .... you may need to rev/blip a little when it's cold btw.

just unplug the brown plug in the pic below ( shauns pic that I stole Embarrassed )

is that a womens hand in that picLOL
davey321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 11:41am
Thanks for the help. Did what you said the idle shot up to 3500 rpms on start up reved it a couple of times and the idle dropped back to just under 1000 rpm and stayed steady.Is this what you'd expect to happen ?? Do I need to replace the throttle body ???
Dont know much about car engines only what I learn when things go wrong.

Gaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
G4S :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 1:36pm
hey n welcome
davey321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by davey321 davey321 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Did what you said the idle shot up to 3500 rpms on start up reved it a couple of times and the idle dropped back to just under 1000 rpm and stayed steady.Is this what you'd expect to happen ?? Do I need to replace the throttle body ???
Dont know much about car engines only what I learn when things go wrong.

Just looked at it again. I take it I need to replace the valve not the trottle body. Is My description of what happened when I removed the plug point to IAC or something else? As you can tell Im a real newbie when it comes to engines.Thanks again
davey321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 11:48am
Ok a quick update I've Just relised My car is a p11 144 and that Ive probably posted this in the wrong section. Had a look at the factory service manual Thanks to ever posted those there excellant. I found the section on Idle controll valve learning and carried it out.  It seemed to work the Idle dropped to the correct level but after a number of restarts the idle had risen to 2k and started surging again. Repeated the procedure with exact Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply