Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 001mac001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:09am

Please help, i was driving along the other day and my window just disapeared inside the door pannel , any ideas what i should do

thanks
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:38am

Chances are the windows either fallen out of the brackets, or the brackets have come loose and cause the window to drop.

If you take the door panel off, have a look at window mechanism, you will find either 2 plastic clips bolted along the top of the mechanism, the bar that runs front to back, or 2 holes where they should be, which means the brackets are still attached to the window.
     If it's the former, then you need to remove glass, clean it up and the 2 brackets, and re-seat them with sealant.
      If it's the latter, you need to find the 2 bolts that hold the window to the mechanism, they'll be sat in the bottom of the door.

Which  model of Primera do you have, as that will help our members explain  how to get the door panel off/window out etc... as therre are difference between the models. Smile

Gazza

jayc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:08pm
Happen to mine the other day. On removing the door card it must have happened to the previous owner who had tried bond the glass to the bracket with araldite.

I removed all the araldite and used some thick double sided tape to get a better grip on the glass.
lee85 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 1:47pm
 This happened to mine i tried to wind it down one morning in frost, yes stupid i knowEmbarrassed
 Easy to fix as the rest explained and i am useless with cars to be honestLOL
lpb71 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:02pm
May be a silly question I know, but how do I take off the inner metal door panel.

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:03pm
On what model of car?
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 9:14pm
My P11 driver's window fell into the door without the bracket coming loose, it was the regulator cable coming adrift from the pulley mechanism.  I managed to get it all back together which was far from easy but it's been fine since last summer.  Mine was caused by dirt on the window (on the part of the glass you never see) sticking the window like glue to the rubber seal (you should have seen it, toughest gunge ever created) and basically something had to give.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
lpb71 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:28am
P12 - 2004
mydimons View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mydimons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:47pm
mine is  P11 44 drivers window dropped down seems the  glass has fallen  how do I get to the mechanism ?   this youtube user  Esurname  ( search his name)  has posted videos of  changing his  primera lock and electric mirror wiring
lpb71 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:24pm
Thanks, already seen that, but this P11 doesn't have the innet metal panel that the P12 does.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>