Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
^^ I've answered this is your own thread Lee ^^
midlandfire View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midlandfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm
Hi

Its a common problem for window runners to fail on Primera P12s

My driverside front window also dropped down, so I whipped the door card off (some of the scews you need to unscrew are hidden in the drivers door storage) fished the window out from the bottom of the door carefully with pliers and then simply wedged the window in place. The runners holding the windows had sheered. Cant be bothered to replace!. Knowing Nisssan they would probably want  a small fortune for new parts for it so... 

The P12 has to be one of the worst cars ever made by Nissan.

They are just poorly built and annoying problems like this that let the car down.

Nissan please don't work with Renault again!!!
yorkie5979 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkie5979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 9:50pm

My widow failed to go up yesterday ------ slid glass up and down while pressing button , eventually got window to stay up.

Now when i press the button the window goes up and down at an angle and i have to guide it into the runners.

56 plated P12 any help would make life easier the motor seems to be running ok , its like the window has detached from mechanism.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by midlandfire midlandfire wrote:

Knowing Nissan they would probably want  a small fortune for new parts for it so... 

£50 for new pattern regs on eBay
Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:25pm

This has just happened to me, I pressed the button to open the window, nothing happened, then the window slid 1/4 inch, then slid halfway open into the door - I was driving at the time!

Took the car to the local dealer, they have advised new regulator and other parts required, bill is going to be not far short of £400! It's a distress spend, and distressing could have had a holiday for the same money. I need the car for work - does anyone know are there generic parts available? I don't want to go to a breakers yard in case the parts have a short life and I end up paying the labour cost twice.
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:28pm
£400!!! What to change a window regulator. These can be bought off ebay 2nd hand yes but give em so grease on em before fitted sure you be fine
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:54pm
Thanks for the reply

I'm going to have to work on this, I'm not sure if the car needs the whole assembly or just a section and Nissan only supply the whole assembly, also I think clips will be needed, the parts department left me a message on the mobile at lunchtime today.
Trouble is I need car on road ASAP and as a distress repair the dealer does not have any loan car available. (usually these are FOC).
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 1:06am
Remove the door panel and wedge a length of wood under window to keep it shut until you can get it fixed.

Pattern (non-Nissan) regulator available from ebay from around £50
max kahn View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max kahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:34pm
The window regulator runs up and down on a steal wire, known on the P10s to snap. If its not come off the plastic clips, the metal wire has snapped on the regultor. Also inner metal pannel use a postive drive screwdriver or a 10m socket.
diesveld View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:04pm
I had a similar problem. One runner had come loose from the window and both runners were partly broken, i.e. the plastic grip around the metal rail had broken off. The wire had not snapped, but did come loose from the runners. Nissan garage gave me a estimate of 400€.
I used the manual to get at these parts, repaired the missing grips on the runners by bolting a metal replacement on it, acting as grip.
Total costs:
- 1 hour work
- 1,86€ for the bolts, screws and metal strips.

I have pictures but cannot upload then at the moment (moderator?)

I
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>