Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identify Part of 1999 GT LE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitegsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify Part of 1999 GT LE
    Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:47pm
Hi All,
   I have just got myself a 1999 GT LE and I'm trying to identify a part on the underside of the car. It is towards the mid / rear of the underside of the car and looks like some sort of crossmember that may have had exhaust heat shields attached to it at some point. I've tried identifying it in the haynes manual and in the tech specs but no luck. Do you guy's have any idea what it is ? The reason I ask is that it is rusty and may need replacing.

Cheers

Wayne
shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:51pm
post up a pic im sure sum1 will know mate

shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:52pm
o and welcome to npoc Smile

markbuts3 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 12:13am
Is it item 15 on HERE

Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by markbuts3 markbuts3 wrote:

Is it item 15 on HERE

Sounds like it - bits of mine have crumbled off Embarrassed

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:07am

the part has 2 jobs, 

1 to help tie the chassis together, kind of like a strut brace but on the floor rails,

2 it's there to help deflect anything from hitting the fuel tank, (i can say first hand that this works)

Oh and welcome to NPOC.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
whitegsd View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitegsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:11am
Yep, that's it. Cheers.
whitegsd View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitegsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:22am
It's only the flimsy edge bits that have corroded, the rest of it is structually sound. I've got it off and its been shot blasted. I think I'll just grind off the loose bits and then get it powder coated. Should be good for a few more years.

Thanks for the help, and the very useful link.

Post Reply Post Reply