Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 interior light dont work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:20am
Excellent workClap

The transistor is easier to remove if you cut the 2 legs first.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:13pm
Well done, i love it when someone finds out something new and is able to express itThumbs Up
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Well done, i love it when someone finds out something new and is able to express itThumbs Up

I expressed alright my friend but i dont see any of the moderators doing this DIY,Why?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 10:40pm
Because right now I have a mountain of work to do around here.

I will recreate your thread in our How To section, because it's excellent (well doneClap) - Can you please just confirm we are OK to use your photos and words with your full permission, we will off course give you full credit for the articleThumbs Up

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:20am
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Because right now I have a mountain of work to do around here.

I will recreate your thread in our How To section, because it's excellent (well doneClap) - Can you please just confirm we are OK to use your photos and words with your full permission, we will off course give you full credit for the articleThumbs Up

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun

of course my friend you have my full permission,the purpose we are here here is to share our love for our primeras and to help each other instead of going to nissan service and give them half a monthly payment for something we could fix ourselfs.by the way the transistor cost 2,5 euros,and they were looking for 450 eurosDead
NPOC_Tech View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 12:36am
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 12:15am
Hi - I'm well impressed you worked out which the faulty component was.  I've got a problem with the rear demister on my P12.  Apparently this is also on the SECU board.  Any advice on how I could trace the faulty component?  Nissan wanted nearly £400 in the UK to replace the whole unit!
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:22am
There is a hole in the faulty transistor.
You would need to find which component terminal 31 (applies ground to demist relay) goes to on the board.
I would guess one of the other 2 similar looking transistors.
Tran$porter View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:03am
Hi,

I know this is an old topic, but i now have the interior lamps staying on permanently so I am looking at doing this fix.

Could anyone confirm that this is the correct product to use?

cheers

"All men die! Some never live" - '54 P12
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 2:57pm
if i remember right yes this is the part,when i fixed it 4 1/2 years ago it wasnt on ebay.5 euros total and nissan wants 450 euros,way to go.Good luck my friend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>