Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member 2004 Nissan Primera Estate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 3:57pm
Quick Update Smile

Phoned Nissan Dealer in Mill Hill asking them for the full cost of a SCV he said he wasn't allowed to give out any information of any sort.... he said it would be the whole entire fuel pump that he can give a price on, not anything else... after aminute of telling him that your basically talking aload of bs, just tell me the cost of the part... he couldn't find the SCV and gave me a price on a regulating valve, of 141 incl vat.  Now is this the right part?  I phoned Glyn Hopkin in Waltham Abbey, they quoted me 201.16 incl vat for the part, again was under a different name...

Dilemma! what is the SCV name under for the dealers! anyone ?
Sufi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:24am
UPDATE please make sticky Admin Smile

Resolved my issue with a reset - Shall keep you all informed of this.

Thank you nissan_navara.net !!!! and thank you edk_N16

""Thanks to Boohoo for reading through the workshop manual, resetting ECU and FUEL pump MAY help in cutting down on that horrible tapping noise that the D40 suffers from.
Ive carryed out this reset and the engine is alot smoother, more responsive, less smokey and alot less tappy.

To carry out the reset carry out the following

Turn ingnition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedel 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedel for 10 seconds...

Atfer 10 seconds the Engine Managment Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the acclerator pedel down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!!""""
sparkscafc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkscafc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:53pm

hi i ve had the same problem with my 54 reg 2.2 dci primera would lose power after idling then when i switched the engine off  and restarted all power was restored 

i was going to take it to my local garage on tuesday but thought i would give the reset a go first and it works no more loss of power  thanks to boohoo and everyone elses post on this subject it really has saved me money

Nige
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:26pm
That is great if not incredible news sparkscafc, thanks for posting that.
One more piece of evidence, looks like this may be a cheap fix heading to the 'How to ' section
sparkscafc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkscafc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 3:39pm
hi just an update the car has done over 1 thousand miles since i reset the pump and its still working will keep you updated as to the mileage just in case it starts to play up again
Nige
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 4:03pm
Thanks for the feed back, it all great intelligenceThumbs Up
kaybur1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaybur1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:51am

Hi im new to this forum came here from another trying to find an answer i have a 53 reg p12 dci with exactly same probs ie drops into limp mode if i idle for more than a few seconds and switch off and on will reboost the power until i idle it again . i really hope your problem is solved unfortunately mine isnt i found that reset you are talking about 12 months ago and i must have reset mine 100s of times in the last year and it never lasts  sometimes it will last a couple of weeks sometimes days the worst i had was resetting it 10 times in 1 day btw i am a taxi driver doing about 200 miles a day. self diagnostic on mine came up with0089 error code funny thing when i paid nissan 200 quid for a diagnostic they said there was no fault and they couldnt explain why it keeps going into limp mode. only good thing is i can now do a reset with my eyes shut .

burfy
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by kaybur1 kaybur1 wrote:

Hi im new to this forum came here from another trying to find an answer i have a 53 reg p12 dci with exactly same probs ie drops into limp mode if i idle for more than a few seconds and switch off and on will reboost the power until i idle it again . i really hope your problem is solved unfortunately mine isnt i found that reset you are talking about 12 months ago and i must have reset mine 100s of times in the last year and it never lasts  sometimes it will last a couple of weeks sometimes days the worst i had was resetting it 10 times in 1 day btw i am a taxi driver doing about 200 miles a day. self diagnostic on mine came up with0089 error code funny thing when i paid nissan 200 quid for a diagnostic they said there was no fault and they couldnt explain why it keeps going into limp mode. only good thing is i can now do a reset with my eyes shut .

Pain in the **** lol, waiting for the fault to develop fully is what my firms mechanic would say! Seems strange that the fault trips the limp mode but hasnt shown up more than that.

Old enough to know better, too old to change
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 5:06pm
that is a very expensive diagnosticShockedyou could have replaced the SVC for that. The fault code is for fueling so in your case a replacement is what is required maybe
Sufi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:34pm
UPDATE

Since the reset my car went great, though bad news since the past 5weeks going on 6weeks! took the car for a little ahem bit of fun racing a Audi 2.5tdi estate Smile

Next day, the car goes back into its old hunting idle ways and now cuts out...  Its been at the mechanic for a very long time, we changed the SVC and changed the seals as the pressure was going up and down due to the seals being worn allowing air in, all that done and done the reset, there was no change, checked all the earths of the vehicle, and found one on the gearbox to be totally ripped off, we mended that, still the car was struggling to start, when I got the car starting (after a good few attempts) the power was there, it took off without a struggle, as soon as I parked, it would turn off.  The car is really struggling to start, the fuel filter is new, has had a recent service, EGR valve working correctly, fuel rail lines checked all seem good, We even checked the fuel tank pump located under the rear seat, no problems there at all.

We spent hours looking for any other problems, we decided on 2 possibilities

a) The Injectors are losing pressure
b) The Fuel Pump

HELP!  Can the Injectors cause this? if one is faulty? It cannot be the pump can it? When it fires over the power is there on the drive, when you park up or stop it cuts off... Taz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>