Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 NATS problem - Urgent please!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 NATS problem - Urgent please!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 NATS problem - Urgent please!!
    Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 11:04am
Hi,

I've now had my Primera P12 for 3 weeks and have grown to hate this car, for one reason only;

The NATS Immobiliser is intent on leaving my family and children stranded in bad situations.

As I type we are in Cardiff and need to drive home to Newcastle - I have been trying to start to the car for 1 hour and the red 'lock' symbol is staying on when I unlock the car and ateempt to start it.

I have tried the supposed 'override' in the handbook - turn ignition on, wait 5 secs, turn ignition off wait 5 secs, repeat this, then start car.   Doesn't work at all - the NATS immobilizer just will not switch off.

Can anyone please offer any help on how I can disarm this bloody thing and get my children home ????

Thanks
David
David
VillageMasteringUK View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 11:24am

Now trying '15 minute wait' technique as a result of search of the forum, so will report back if that gets the car going.

What on earth is the point in having an immobilizer that is si fascist in it's nature and that is so willing to leave the person with the key in their hand unable to start their own car??   I have had many makes of cars, with all sorts of immobilizers and have never been so shafted and left high and dry as I have been with this car.    Even if I do get the car started I am now going to have to make a 6 hour journey without being able to turn the engine off for a break at the services, for fear it's not going to start again.

Is there a way of completely disabling the NATS system (pleeease?), for me, I'd rather leave my car unlocked with a bloody sign saying 'steal me' than have a car that constantly lets me down when I need to get the kids hom 320 miles.

Sorry, just so angry with this car.   To all you P10 and P11 owners out there, never, ever buy a 'French' Nissan like this > it's just awful being back to what feels like Peugeot ownership again.  
David
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 11:41am
'15 minute' trick didn't work, all electrics working fine, battery not discharged, but NATS light remains on and car won't start.

EDIT: Just realized I left the car for 15 minutes on the 'ON' key position and the post on this suggests leaving it on the 'ACC' position, so trying it again.

David
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 12:03pm
Done the '15 min' trick correctly this time and the car started, albeit in 'SECURE' mode.

So hopefully we will get the girls home, then this FAIL of a car can go on eBay and it's back to a German brand for me.  Im not dissing Nissan of old but French Nissan and I will never be spending time together again.   I came to the P12 from a Mk IV Golf and by god I can't wait to get back to a german car.

I wish you all well, respect to the P10 and P11 owners, and heartfelt sympathies to the P12 owners here.

- Earth Problems
- Suction Control Valve Problems
- Fuel Pump Issues (Nissan dealers quoting 1,950 for a replacement
- Mixed Earth Electrical Problems
- Sat Nav and NFORM screen issues

.......nah.

David
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 12:07pm
Been watching this but with no "real advice" i've just had my fingers crossed, glad it's started and you can get on the road
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 12:33pm
Please note point 2)

I have edited your thread title for you on this occasion and started the thread title with "Nissan Primera Pxx..". All future threads with incorrect thread titles, will be removed.

Many thanks and take care,
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 6:55pm
I understand the anger at your car not doing what you want. However, it is a bit much to discard all P12s on the road that are doing their job well, because yours has problems. 
I'm pretty happy with mine (even has a Renault engine, 1.9dci). Every car needs maintenance and TLC. Some respond better than others, though... ;) 

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:41pm
If you have kids and you get left this high and dry because of a car refusing to do the thing it's built to do; "let the owner start the engine", you'll see why I was this upset.

We got home, making 2 stops for loo breaks, where we couldn't stop the engine.

It was proven a good idea not to stop the engine because as soon as the car was on the drive and I stopped the engine, it would not restart for another 3 hours.  

Bit of a shame that this forum loves to tell itself it's so friendly and helpful but read this thread again ........ the title was 'please please help!' and what response did I get across the course of a whole day and night ??   

I got ticked off for forum rules and told off for dissing the car!

Absolutely no other chip in to say, try this or try that.   Yes I've used the search function but it's brought nothing up; supposed fob programming techniques that never worked and the old '15 min' trick that also only works randomly, and unreliably.

David
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:41pm
Hi Dave, sorry to hear of the problems you have been having today, and understand how low and frustrated you must feel right now, that is always the case with any car that lets you down no matter what the circumstances. Pity you did know/ follow the sequence properly that would have got you out of that situation fasterOuch
Have you a second./spare key to try to identify whether it is a fob /battery problem?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:47pm
Thanks Timeshock,

I appreciate I'm not coming across well and suspect a lot of people have chosen to say 'stuff you mate' and not help.  Perhaps I would too if I was sitting with a happy car on the drive and read a post from some nutter with a dead Primera.

The background is onwe of job loss and financial hardship, and having put all of our remaining savings into this car, and appearing to have been well and truly fleeced.

I'm sorry for some of my comments above, if they offend anyone - today has been the worst day of my life in about 9 years so I'm swimming in anger at the mo.

I do have a spare key fob Timeshock, and exactly the same problem happens when I try to use that. Doors open fine, but NATS symbol stays on dashboard and car will not start.   So a nice simple key fob / battery problem appears to be ruled out.    I suspect it's some sort of Earth issue but that's way beyond my capabilities.

Do I need to take the car to a Nissan Dealer for this type of problem, or could any auto-electrician sort the problem?

Thanks,
David
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>