Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 aftermarket headunit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Primeratears View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primeratears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 aftermarket headunit
    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:43pm
Hello.

I'm new here. I have the infamous green secure message.

My car is Primera P12 (2004) 2.0 CVT Petrol

I want music in my car so I wanted to ask you guys, did I get it right, the only thing I have to do is to use the middle connector from the original head unit and hardwire it to the new aftermarket stereo. Right? That sounds simpler and cheaper than paying random people to "try to" get rid of the green message.

What about the other connectors? Or all the connectors I mean? Do I have to keep all of them plugged in but just hardwire the new stereo to the audio cables in the middle plug?

I have one question, does the subwoofer work, since the secure message is active, does it block any energy from going to the subwoofer or other components?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regarda
KostasX View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KostasX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:10am
Hi all,

I am interested on replacing the factory screen of my Primera  (P12 1.6 2004 NOT SAT-NAV version) with an android 2-Din screen. As far I understand from this thread. The cd unit feeds the factory screen with the output for climate control and fuel information. Is that correct?

Is there any way to replace the factory screen with an android screen 7inch 2-Din and can afterwards have access to climate control and fuel information? Something like 2nd video output in the new android screen..It does not matter if I have to keep the factory CD unit at the car.. That it does not bother me at all, the only thing I wish is to replace the factory screen with an android (GPS, bluetooth and rear camera) and still can have access to the factory video output.

I saw a related youtube video but no further information is available there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqbHb37HOHE

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kostas
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 3:03pm
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1_4wwlAfrVivnj_TCs0xWI7Ryu4k-S9Ak sorry here ya go
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 2:43pm
Google Drive say I need permission.
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 2:30pm
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1_4wwlAfrVivnj_TCs0xWI7Ryu4k-S9Ak done! All works great, except rear camera. I am very happy oI
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:25pm
Oh i will definately update what i managed to do, but for now i have decided to wait till spring, because i dont have a garage, and weather in my country right now is really cold.. So until spring then :)
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:46pm
Thinking about it again the DVD, Radio and Climate probably send Data to the Screen Module.
The Screen Module processes the Data and sends RGB Video Signal to the LCD Panel within the Screen Module.

The Solution on the Link is probably the correct one and very neat.

Keep us updated.Thumbs Up
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:36am
Here you go the link https://www.drive2.ru/l/466566490326303436 just scroll down to photos. I am from Lithuania :) my russian language skills are average. He did not explained why he needed original screen to get RGB signal. But i saw what he did. And if you say, that maybe therebis a chance that you dont need original screen, i will sure test that. But first i need that rare converter.. found one on ebay, not the same, but should do the ijob. Here is.the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/rgb-to-scart-converter-/392207077827?oid=392213975618
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Masarob Masarob wrote:

Sorry for double post, but i know what i need now.. old monitor must be connected, and RGB TO COMPOSITE S VIDEO converter must be connected to original monitor, then i can connect av cables to this converter, and see original screen. Oh boy, thats alot of work. All schemes found on russian forums. one guy did smart thing to hide original screen, he just throwed away original cd frive, and added inside where was cd drive. Now he had dvd drive on bottom, and original screen on top. Thats smart

If you want to keep the Climate and Fuel Info, I am pretty sure you can get rid of the Original Screen and get the RGB Signal from the Cable going to it to feed into your Android Video Input.

Where are you from? Do you understand Russian?
Google Translate from Russian to English is sometime a bit interesting/confusing.Wacko

Originally posted by Masarob Masarob wrote:

Now he had dvd drive on bottom, and original screen on top. Thats smart

Have you got a link to that?
Was the Screen visible or just hidden where the CD Drive was?

I have seen one install where the DVD was was stripped of the Drive and Case, leaving just the Electronics hidden behind the Dashboard.

I am not sure if anything other than the 3.3 and 5V output from the DVD is required to keep the Climate and other Systems running. This is done by a very small DC/DC Converter Board within the DVD Drive

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:32pm
Pleased you are getting it sorted without major incidentThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>