Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cd stuck in cd player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismcevoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cd stuck in cd player
    Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 3:17pm
Confused Hi I am relatively new member needing advise on the above topic;my car is a primera se (NC53 REG)which I purchased second hand recently not realizing there was a cd stuck in the player I managed to remove the cd using a thin strip of metal and double-sided tape but when I inserted another cd it would not play and now it is stuck in the cd player,I am of the opinion if I did manage to extract the cd this would happen again so I was wondering if it is posiible to replace the cd player has anyone done this are there compatibilty issues any information /advise would be appreciated.
Cheers
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 3:34pm
Welcome to NPOC,

Have a look in the how-to section.

P12Paul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:24pm
Hi,
I am a new member to NPOC and have the same problem with the cd stuck and gear noise from the cd player in my ´03 P12.
Prior to this problem the cds would eject but the player would not read them, on the display it would say "cd error". Any advice on this problem besides trying a cleaning disc?

thanks
cheers

Cheers,
P12Paul
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:00pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Sounds as if the laser needs realigning or replacing as well as the ejection, retaining fixed. You can either try to get a replacement unit then get it re-coded to your car or get  the unit fixed. It is made by Clarion and they have a repair service
P12Paul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the welcome and advise timeshock!

The radio/cd is now out and on its way to getting fixed I hope.

I have now come across another problem after removing the radio/cd which seems a bit odd. The boot will not open!! With the boot release button on the driver´s door or the boot itself or the keyfob, the result is the same...AND the onboard computer tells me the boot is open when I drive. Very strange.

I did have the fuse for the interior lights blow today, but I don´t know if that has anything to do with it. I will replace it tomorrow and find out.

I will keep posting should my "experience" be usefull to other members.
Cheers,
P12Paul
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:29pm
It sounds like a fuse issue
P12Paul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 12:26pm
Yes, it was the interior lights fuse.
I have been told by a Nissan dealer here in Portugal that the radio should be repaired at a Clarion representative. I´m fearing that would be quite expensive.
I have read that it is possible to connect a CD changer to the factory radio, in my case the CY100. Does anyone have information about that possiblility? Even here on NPOC the information I have read is not clear.

I would like to stay away from FM transmitters.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
P12Paul
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 5:10pm
if you have a 1st edition P12 and judging by your reg I think you have then you should be able to fit a cd changer which goes in the boot on the right handside. You need to search for the wiring harness which should be fittedThumbs Up
I think Clarion charge around £180
P12Paul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 6:18pm
CD player not fixed yet. Electrical engineer I took it too cannot find anything wrong at the moment, says he needs to have the radio plugged into the car to have a better look. So that is the next step.  I have noticed that when I load a cd it appears to be unable to "spin up" fully. Could be the problem.

I have managed to fix the cd ejection problem myself Big smile

I will look into finding the autochanger plug in the boot. I assume there is one there as all 3 connectors at the rear of the radio are there and wired. 
I will also look into if any clarion autochanger would plug in directly.

Cheers,
P12Paul
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 6:35pm
I would recommend you locate the plug and loom location 1st. If fitted you will need  (Clarion) CV707 6CD auto changer and magazine.

Pity you are not a member as I have a feeling one of our other members may be selling his shortly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>