Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, Im a newbie here ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:19pm
testfitted this weekend. I knew I needed longer stud bolts because of the steel bushing. Rear is ok  with 69mm bolts but front is not. Apparentley the stud bolt hole (don't know right term) is larger in front than in the back. So my studs are loose. I can weld it but I don't prefer it. So I searched for 70mm bolts but all the standard M12x1.25 with 14,3mm diameter bolts were to short. Ultimately I found 67mm bolts for subaru in the right dimension. They should arrive this week so I hope somewhere end of week my wheels are under the car :p
Stijn 23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 6:55am
So little update:

I scored a stock interieur for P10 eGT in wonderfull condition. did a trip of 700km to pick it up for just 50 euro. Also got sideskirts, clear corners and stainless steel front door plates thingy's. Good deal :p

Also installed the wheels but this took a lot longer than planned. Because the Compomotive wheels have a steel bushing I knew I needed longer bolts. Luckily we still had those laying around (some longer then others). However when working, we noticed the holes for this bolts in the hubs are different front and back. The front is way bigger (14,3mm). Our bolts fitted rear but not the front. Also even though the bolt are quite a bit longer (63mm vs 43mm or something like that). In the front they would not be long enough. Original nismo ones are available but longest option was 60mm. I needed at least 66mm.... So after searching a bit I finally found a shop in England (custom parts for rally and race cars) who had M12x1,25 in 67mm with and end diameter of 14,3mm. These where advertised for subaru so searching for nissan would not have helped. I ordered 8 bolts so I could finish the front. 5 days later my package arrived and there where 7 bolts in it :*( Shop acknowledged their mistake and send 1 bolt to me. Meanwhile my car was in the garage hanging 2m in the air without wheels :'( 

It took a few times and some minor test driving to settle the bolts completely in the hub. In the beginning they moved a little and so my bolts became loose. One time I could take away 3/4 bolts using just my hands :o 

But enough blabbering: here are some quick pics. One day I will own a set in 17" but for now these 15" will do. Happy with the result :p
Still need centercaps because the ones I got are flat and the inner part of my hubs sticks out. I ordered domed caps now.

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 7:28am
Looking good!

What a nice purchase have you did far from home, eGT upholstery is a pain in the arse, ugly and poor quality, after 25 years of being manufactured is nearly impossible find a set in decent conditions.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Stijn 23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:22am
So again some time since my last post. I went for the full BTCC look with the Old Spice livery. This works very well with my Compomotive rims. For the moment I'll keep on rocking my Impul grill but I have a new Ph1 grille ready to mount for when I go to "purist" meetings ;-) Some pics!

Ready for paint

Painting done

Done for now. Need to add nissan decals and the tire decals

All done. Will post more pictures with better camera when I get the chance

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 4:02pm
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 6:44pm
Excellent work Stijn. Very well done Sir.  Handshake  Your car is testament to your hard work.  Thumbs Up
Roy
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:52pm
Congratulations. It looks great. 
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:00am
Top notch, fantastic looking carThumbs Up
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:29pm
Love it! Are you going to paint the top of the bumpers too? It looks odd having body coloured side strips now but the bumper tops left in black.

Stijn 23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:54pm
It is indeed the plan to paint the upper parts of the bumpers one day. But this will require al lot of paint. Used to canisters just for the sides... One canister is about 50 euro Tongue

For the time being I will keep it as is. kinda like how the black looks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>