Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Console Removal Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Console Removal Questions
    Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 10:47am
Hi.

I have a late 2003 (54 Plate) P12 Primera 2.2TD Dci SE Estate with the Satnav, cruise control & tow-bar options fitted.

This weekend I want to  remove the centre console of mycar so I can fit an XCarLink MP3 player & Bluetooth adaptor into it. I have looked at both the technical service manual from this site and the topic on how to remove the console and have some questions before I try this and do some damage to my car.

1) The Manual says to first remove the main centre display casing. This would be useful as I am also fitting the XLink Bluetooth adaptor and want to place it near the right hand pillar by the windscreen with the microphone at the top of the pillar by the roof. But the manual says you have to remove two clips to do this on the side of the display casing. They do not exist on my car (please see attached photos). Does the main display casing just pop off or have I missed something?   The topic for removing the centre console appears to show this casing still in place as if it does not even need to be removed - although I do want it gone so I can run the Bluetooth cabling in.

Centre Dash

2) With the main part of the centre console which houses the controls, CD Player and Display screen - the manual says to remove a cover between the hazard switch and CD player. Again - this is not there (as you can see in the attached photos).  How is the upper section fixed to the rest of the car as I assume there is at least 2 or more screws holding it in at the top somewhere.

If someone can guide me a little I would appreciate it as I do not want to start work and then find out I end up breaking something and doing damage to the interior.

Thanks

Andy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:06am
Have a look in the how-to section
There is a guide for fitting Xcarlink and a couple for getting the dash apart.
old_member View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Have a look in the how-to section
There is a guide for fitting Xcarlink and a couple for getting the dash apart.

AS I said in my original post I HAVE looked at these AND the technical manual but they do not cover what I need to know. The console one focuses on the lower screws / fixings and interconnecting parts - not how where the upper fixings are and what to remove when your car does not match the technical manual

The XLink one focuses on connecting the Xlink and not how to remove the dash.

Andy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:27am
Sorry Andy missed that you had already looked at the how-tos.

I have never removed one but plenty of people have using the guides.
Looks like it is just clips holding it in. Possibly some sort of hooks at the top. No mention of screws at the top in either guide.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:33am
Andy. Get hold of the panel above the airvents and give it a good pull towards you,it is only clip on.
Be aware you will have plugs fitted on the back,so dont just yank it right out.   Thumbs Up
Roy
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 5:46pm
Thanks guys, I thought this may be the case but having almost wrecked the interior of a 1998 Renault Scenic by being heavy handed I wanted to make sure this time.  I am a firm believer in the "look before you leap" motto. Works well for me now :)

Not seen the other topic Imckay, looks like an SVE interior but close enough. I have printed it off along with the other bits so I can have it in the car with me. Thank you for that. 

I will have a go tomorrow as I have been out all afternoon and see how it goes. AT least I can attempt it with more confidence now.

Cheers Guys.

Andy
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:05am
This is going well....

Okay found another issue where my car does not match up with anything else I can find,

In the topic on removing the centre console ( http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-dash-removal_topic25928.html ) there are two images. These are also (more or less) shown in the topic for fixing a stuck CD player.

The images are:

My car looks like this:

Where as the previous topics show the centre console splits around the handbrake mine is totally solid and in one piece. It looks like the back where the rear ash tray is may come off but I cannot see any screws or covers to help this. Again I am presuming this is a difference between the SVE/T-Sport models over the SE with no CD Multichanger / DVD Video player.

Again I am not one for yanking and pulling things, so does anyone know how to remove this as the screws I am supposed to remove are not there or in totally different places that I cannot see currently.

Sadly it looks like I will not get this done at all this weekend at this rate :(

Any helps is appreicated

Andy

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 12:03pm
OK, you have nothing to worry about, the spec does not really matter in this case, what is important is that it is a second edition P12.
Now clearly i your car you can see the two different colours of plastic and they have to come apart. Remove the rear ash tray put your fingers in and give a short sharp tug it will come apart.
Don't believe me? have a look here

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

OK, you have nothing to worry about, the spec does not really matter in this case, what is important is that it is a second edition P12.
Now clearly i your car you can see the two different colours of plastic and they have to come apart. Remove the rear ash tray put your fingers in and give a short sharp tug it will come apart.
Don't believe me? have a look here

Timeshock I would say I love you, but that might give the wrong impression Wink

Thanks for this, I was totally lost on why my car looked so different. I am not going to put and prise things without being sure of what I am doing. But I am now VERY happy with that so will go and take a closer look.

Perhaps I am just being over cautious, but this is the best (and most expensive) car I have ever owned so there is no way I am going to risk causing damage to it "just to see" if something moves or comes apart.

Thanks again mate.

Andy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 12:36pm
You should not need excessive force, just been out to check mine and while mine is not two tone it does not have the covered fixings for removal of the whole console. Let us know how you get on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>