Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 engine build 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeP10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 engine build 2.0
    Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 1:27am
I let my sponsorship lag but I will be sponsoring up again after I complete the rebuild.  So here is the cliff notes Stock DET bottom end is resting in pieces.  So the P10 has been waiting for engine and here is where build 2.0 will start:

1993.5 G20 Utahs' most detailed P10
AJTaylor View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 9:46am
Mmmmmm, VVL goodness! Will be keeping an eye on this
My automotive blog, The Wastegate
Also on Facebook
LukeP10 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeP10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by mr_pushrod mr_pushrod wrote:

Mmmmmm, VVL goodness! Will be keeping an eye on this

Thanks here is the plans I have laid out so far:

Pull engine
Save needed parts
Sell good parts that will not be used and make money
clean engine bay
Seal engine bay (POR 15)
Paint engine bay

While engine is out:
Powder coat several accessories
Tear down VE Block
Sell parts from there that will not be used get some more money

Machine the block to fit wiseco pistons
Reassemble block
attach engine accessories
Drop in the engine turn key and drive away with big grin
Baby the crap out of the engine for at least 1,000 miles (THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR ME!!!!!)
Make sure everything is good for break in and actually drive it the way It is designed.
Ensure nothing breaks and see what the numbers will be on the dyno.
Get some high quality pics and try for a couple of magazines.

Yes I know the list is ambitious but I know I can do everything on the list.

TheStigP11GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheStigP11GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:44pm
What spec you building the VE to?
---Current Cars---
Primera GT - SR20VE.N1 / Qashqai 1.5 N-Tec K9K / Pulsar 1.5 N-Tec K9K
http://www.neovvl.com
LukeP10 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeP10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by TheStigP11GT TheStigP11GT wrote:

What spec you building the VE to?

It will be a VET setup with manley rods, wiseco pistons 86.5mm 9:1 CR, SR16VE cams, programmed to run at 4 bar, Z32 MAF, with all of the turbo leftovers from the previous build.  I am a little hesitant to estimate some numbers but there is no doubt this will put the last build to shame. 
LukeP10 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeP10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 9:30pm
I have about 95% of the parts.  I need to get my hands on a Greddy MSS and have some free time so I can get the swap underway.

Here is the most recent part:
Torby View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 9:52pm
Very nice, and a very clean example of a VE!

Why do you need the MSS? Since you'll be running a turbo, why not use a standalone ECU that can also control the cams? Haltech, Megasquirt, Link and several others can do this.

Keep us updated!
LukeP10 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeP10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Torby Torby wrote:

Very nice, and a very clean example of a VE!

Why do you need the MSS? Since you'll be running a turbo, why not use a standalone ECU that can also control the cams? Haltech, Megasquirt, Link and several others can do this.

Keep us updated!

I already have a ECU that is programmed for everything outside of the VVL.  I decided to go with a greddy MSS after doing a lot of research and listening to my buddy who daily drives his 500+ whp VET 6 spd B14 daily.  He recommended getting Greddy MSS because of the ease of use how well you can fine tune each cam to your needs on the fly.  I'll have to see if I can find some videos of his setup and post them up for you guys.  Hopefully this next weekend I will get it off the pallet and start tearing it down to powder coat some things and get it ready for the machine work that is needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply