Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 dci boot won't open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ic3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2 dci boot won't open
    Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 2:49pm
Hi Guys need some help
i have a nissan primera 2.2 dci se
the boot light and warning sound is telling me my boot is open.
it is not and when i try to open it it wont.

Any idea's

regards

Ic3y

silkysmoothie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silkysmoothie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 9:43pm
Hi,

Have you tried accessing the boot lock from the inside?

I had a similar problem last winter and that worked to get the boot open. Once you manage this, check the plasting casing around the lock for sign of water/liquid seepage. 

Regards,
Sudhir
Proud owner of 2006 Nissan Primera SX
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 9:51pm
Welcome in Big smile

If it's a saloon there should be a mechanical release located near the passenger side rear wheel arch .... drop the seat back down and look for small rectangular handle ....says slide but think you pull it ?
If it's hatchback then the release it located right at the lock ...... small rectangular slot ...... look inside to see a small white pole with hole in it ..... might need small blade screwdriver to slide it toward driver side.
If in doubt give it a clout!
ic3y View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ic3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 6:57pm
thanks for that guys i have managed to open it from the inside, checked fuses they are ok
but the warning light is still saying door open, and the boot wont open in the normal ways.
i assume i am looking at a new boot sensor thingy?

can anyone advise

cheers guys

Ic3y

ic3y View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ic3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 8:39am
ok guys sorted

nothing to do with the boot mechanism, believe it or not it was a short on the interior light which had blown the "room" fuse. after taking out the light and frixing the rather flimsey circuit the boot now opens as normal with no warning light saying it was open.

thanks for your help guys.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 10:55am
Glad you got it sorted ... and yes the switches etc are as cheap as  *!&?  just like everything electrical nowadays              Thumbs Up
If in doubt give it a clout!
SakmaN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakmaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 10:11pm
I had the same problem. Boot won't open, but the computer display said the boot is open. No interior lights.

"Room lamp" 10A fuse replaced (the 2nd row dome light was blown), the boot opens now, but! The interior lights stays ON after I close the car. I heard this is some kind of controller failure, what has to be replaced, and it is not cheap. Someone encountered the same problem??? Cry
ollielee View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollielee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 3:12pm
I'm thinking i have the same problem as 'door open' warning is coming on continuously, i can't open the boot as normal and none of the interior lights aren't working.

Could you briefly explain how to take out the light and fix the circuit? Is it a difficult or awkward task?
Oliver
SakmaN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakmaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 5:45pm
Hi! As I learned since, it is a common problem with P12 Primera models. A friend of mine have the same car (P12 Wagon, 1.6, 2005), he encountered the problem when his car was only 4 years old. So. A FET transistor was blown in the Comfort Control Module (28550 AV605), caused by a faulty dome light bulb (doesn't matter which one - recommended to replace them ALL to a LED based light). You have to replace the 10A interior light fuse (IGNITION OFF!!!!). There are two case: no interior lights - the FET was blown. Constant interior lights - the FET got short circuit. The second is worse, because all the lights stays on even if you close the car with the remote (some lights have manual switches, but the ignition circle light, and the door step-out lights stays on).

Solution: replacing the whole Comfort Unit (a used one from Ebay is cheap, a new one is expensive GBP 400+), but this case you have to go to a Nissan service, because this unit controls the immobiliser, remote controller reveiver, etc. so it have to be reproggrammed for your car. Second option is replacing the blown/s.c. FET like this: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-interior-lights-secu-diy-fix_topic44536.html

I hope it helped you. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply