Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 display unit fails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 8:02pm
Cannot be 100% Sure but I would start with replacing the Screen.

Make sure you get one suitable for your Car without Nav.
I suggest you remove yours and get the Part No from it.

Super hot? I presume you are not in the UK?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:25pm
As already said, there is no sure way of knowing, this problem has never been bottomed out on the non sat Nav version, you would think an equivalent circuit board would exist somewhere and probably not in the screen. Without going through the troubleshooting with a multi meter you are going to have to take pot luck. To answer your question there is no way of just getting the air on to work with getting the screen and panel working
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
From my reading on the Russian Site, it does indicate that the fault is in the Screen.
The Screens in Nav and non-Nav Cars are not the same, so it seems reasonable to me.

My recommendation would be to try a Screen.
Not too expensive on Ebay in the UK/Germany
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:39pm
Thanks am gonna take it out and note the part number and see
If i can get one online as you suggested.. 
Will let you folks know how that goes in a week or 2.

AsiJu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:17am
Hi, new member here!

Sorry to revive an old thread but have just had this problem appear on non sat-nav P12 Primera (04, 1.6l petrol engine with A/C).

I can find replacement screens quite easily but would like to ask people who have already done this:
how difficult or time consuming is it to remove the display screen from the dash board?

I suppose the entire upper dash board and middle console must be removed?

Asking because car is in daily use and have only very limited time to work with it so I'll have a shop do the replacement if it's very tricky.

Thanks in advance!
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:18am
Welcome to NPOC

Not too difficult
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/topic14557.html

Covered in the Service Manual as well
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html
You need PrimeraP12.zip

AsiJu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:07pm
Thanks, I'll refer to the topic and manual!

To make things interesting now the screen came back on for a while but the orange / tan accent colour is now blue...
AsiJu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 4:13pm
Can anyone confirm the part number for non sat nav display unit?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 8:57pm
Any of these. Lots on Ebay
28090AV610
28090AV611
28090AV612
28090AV615
28090AV616
28090AV617
28090AV618

610 is the Original. The others are upgrades/part changes but should all be compatible.

AsiJu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 12:49pm
^ thanks a lot mate, appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>