Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 display unit fails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hywel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:55pm
I'm assuming the feed for the rear demister is on it's own due to the current demand etc? Likewise the backlights for the switches etc runs on the lighting circuit? It would appear there's a problem with the supply to the logic board. I've had the cd/radio unit out and apart but there's nothing that looks like a power supply unit in it. I'm surprised if Nissan put a different cd/radio in satnav vs non-satnav cars. What's everyone's opinion on that?

Cheers

Hywel
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:08pm
The fault was on the SAT NAV DVD player fitted in the dash on 1st edition P12 i.e. pre 2004, and not on the cd player
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 8:09pm
And the dvd as an additional unit below the cd unit, not in stead of the cd player. The cd is identical.
The demister is powered through a relay, but the switch in the panel is still on the same plug, I believe.

Did this problem start after a long period of working correctly? Or did you just buy the car?
Trying to think of something that might have triggered the fault...

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 8:39pm
Need a bit of help here !!!
According to the service manual non sat display does not come on until side lights are switched on,Shocked
would this be right ?
This is for pre-facelift.
Lighting LT-96 onwards
If in doubt give it a clout!
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:18pm
No that aint right. I get image wth the lights off. I think it has to do with the fact that theres two brightness settings controlled by the light switch.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:30pm
Just as a check press the setting button: select display: check 'display off' has not been checked
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:39pm
OK
Ah !!! I think I've got it ....... is this switch on the combi with the choice of having the display off or at one of two brightness settings ? because that being the case this is where the backlight gets its power from.
I'm trying to establish whether or not the screen is lighting up but showing no graphics or if the inverter is failing.

If in doubt give it a clout!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:43pm
The screen does have options to be off all the time or day time/night time settings depending on whether the lights are switched on
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:28pm
With the Sat Nav, the fault is caused by 5V and 3.3V missing.
I believe this is used for coms between the units.
The A/C auto amp is fed from the DVD drive

On a Non-Nav car, I would be looking at the screen itself.
The screen is connected directly to the A/C auto amp.

The screens are different on the Nav and non-Nav cars.
DI-71 and AV-61
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 8:20am
I'm thinking as it's not just the screen but also the controls not working, it must have something to do with the power supply or ground connections.
What if a fuse malfunctions, like a small gap that closes once the material expands when it warms up? I'd try replacing the fuses 1 and 10 (see DI-92). That won't hurt or break the bank. Just to exclude items.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>