Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Centre Console Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Centre Console Problem
    Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 9:29am
Hello,

I've got a problem with the centre console on my my P12 (2003) Primera. I've not used the car for a week or so, but when I got in it this morning the centre console lit up as usual but i could not get the radio to work or the heater. None of the buttons that i would press for info or heater control work either. All that did happen was that the heater/fan came on but slowly went off again, and i had no control over that.   

Does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong, could it be a fuse?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:20am
By any chance do you have sat nav fitted and is the screen working?
pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:22am
no I've no sat nav or phone etc, but the screen is working. It looks like it's just the controls that aren't doing anything
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:33am
OK so it is not as I initially thought it might be, sounds like a a fuse may take a little while for me to look up which one, all this info is in the free electronic service manual download from here if you are interested.

pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:36am
thanks for this, I'm not a technical person but I'll have a look and see if I can work it out. Where are the fuses for the console likely to be inside the car or under the bonnet?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:42am
These fuse are goint to be near your left knee when you are in your driving position protected by a simple pull off plastic cover. try checking  and carefull inspecting fuses 2, 3 and 33.

I am suspecting though the connector plug known as M54 has fallen off the back of the unit it is not unkown to have happened
pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:57am
thanks again.

I downloaded the manual and it's all a bit confusing for me but I'll check the fuses as you said and fingers crossed it's one of them. In the unlikely event that it's the plug that's come our, is the M54 plug easy to put back in or will I need to take it to a garage?

I'll let you know how I get on though
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 10:59am
Also check fuse 10

You would need to take out part of the dash
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 11:25am
As above fuse 10 is connected to both the radio and the heater controls.

pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 7:46pm
well I've checked all the fuses and they all seem fine :( so it looks like the plug thing might have come out. I'm not sure if i could take out the 'dash' as it all seems to be tightly fit and there's no obvious catches or anything to get it out with, but I'll have a try tomorrow and see how it goes!

thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>