Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Centre Console Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redutd99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:19pm
I have a similar problem with the centre console not working and the heating coming on without being able to control it.

What was the best way to solve this

Thanks

Gary Newman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Newman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:46pm
Hi,

Just seen your mail on my BlackBerry and can't see my entire post. However it sounds like the same common problem, which is located, believe it or not, on the circuitry in the DVD unit. The guy I mentioned in this post can fix it. It will cost £100 plus postage, but he can replace the component. Email him, he can advise from there.

Hope that helps.

Rgds

Mark
redutd99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redutd99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 8:54pm
thanks
ryanquigg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanquigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 2:23pm
I have the same problem with my primera. I was looking to find out what fixed the original problem with the cd player, heater and sat nav not working? was it the dvd player unit?
ryan quigg
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:25pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake, c
an you confirm you have sat nav and the unit is in the dash?
kaisers View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaisers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 9:26am
Hi guys I also have this problem on my 2006 primera p12 1.8sx none of the buttons for the climate control work and air con is always on and I cant turn it off but my dvd rom is beneath the passenger seat. Any help will be much appreciated
pwhite52 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwhite52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 9:30pm
Hi folks, I too have a similar problem with the control console on my 04 2.2dci. Sometimes it will work but will cut out after a while. When the screen does come on the clock is always wrong as if the unit has been disconnected from the battery power. I have checked the connector at the rear of the console which is all fine. I have bought a second console from a breakers yard, which didn't resolve the problem. I've taken it to a auto spark who couldn't identify the problem either. Any help at all would be much appreciated. I'm getting very frustrated with the whole thing.
biglff View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biglff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 5:49pm
Hi I have this problem any help appreciated p12 2003 1.6 I have no sat nav or phone etc’ I just have the CD player the control console and screen are not working I have taking the cd player and screen out put them into my other p12 2007 they all worked There is power to both of them I put a tester on And changed all the fuses tried the battery disconnected and also joined them together I also checked the resistor above the clutch and pollen filter help help
biglff
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:07am
What does not work on your Car?

On the version with Sat Nav, it is the Screen, Radio, CD, Sat Nav and Climate with only the Heated Rear Window working. This is caused by a missing 5V and 3.3V to run the Computerised side of things. On the Car with Sat Nav this is generated by the Nav DVD Drive.

Will the Control Panel swap into your 2007 Car?

With a Multimeter, it may be worth finding out which Connector Pins have the 3.3 and 5V going to the Screen/Radio and then tracing back.
The wiring diagrams are not detailed enough to show where they come from.

On non-Nav Cars, I think it comes from the AC Auto Amp.
Item 25

pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:16am
This is not a problem I could help with except to say that regarding the heater, if the plug into the heater blower unit is showing life on your tester, I'd try a wire carefully inserted into it to a good earth and the heater may well work on full blower. I've put an on/off toggle switch on mine on the thin plastic just to the forward left of the gear lever (so as not to block the ashtray opening - even though I don't smoke). I know it needs a new resistor. Probably totally useless information as your whole unit is not working - but maybe worth a mention. As journalist Richard Hammond stated when the P12 first came out - it was a huge step forward (some may disagree I know) in size, comfort etc. But these control panels I think are bl***y awful.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123