Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Stereo Unit Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csully397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Stereo Unit Replacement
    Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:43pm
I am looking for some educated help

I had a problem with my main unit in my Nissan primera so I got a different one in a scrap yard

I replaced it with the problematic one and when I switched ignition on I got a "please wait" message then a green "secure" message

can anyone help me get past this dilemma asap before I go insane...

CHRIS
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:00pm
Welcome to NPOC

It will need to be recoded to the car by Nissan
If in doubt give it a clout!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:02pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Most ancillaries including the stereo are hard coded to the ECU/NATS system. The unit needs to be recoded to the car and there are only two ways of doing that, drive the car to Nissan and pay the fee, send the unit to Clarion to reset it as a new unit which will recode on first use to the carThumbs Up
csully397 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csully397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:29pm
any ideas what the fee is...

And thanks for the swift replies...
CHRIS
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:46pm
I have no definitive answer on cost, I do know prices vary across dealers by quite a bit, for Key re-coding I believe £65 upwards is the figure, the last price on here was an estimate for Clarion to repair a unit and that was £200 sorry can not be more specific than that. If you do get it done the let us know we can help otherThumbs Up
csully397 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csully397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:11pm
will do should be up with Nissan tomorrow
CHRIS
Teacher View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm
Just out of curiosity, can't you fit an aftermarket unit?  Obviously, it wont show the display on screen, but if you can, it will be cheaper than £200.  Has anyone tried thisd?
Even this shall pass away......
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:06pm
Short answer is no, too much of the cars electronics go through it, best answer I have seen is to keep original wired but hidden else where and another HU wired in independently and operated by hand only
SVbiker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVbiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:24am
Smile At last I found a used 6 player from a breaker to replace my jammed unit. I then had to get the "new" unit coded to the car. I found a shop in Birmingham where they down loaded the information from the security chip in the original player, then up loaded it to the replacement unit and Hey Presto!
the "new" player works. The cost of the coding ? less than £30. I would like to share the name of the shop but I think the No Trading rules prevent this, but this shows this swap can be done at a reasonable price despite what main dealers and Clarion say.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:53pm
Please do share - It is in the members best interest to have this information and it also saves them money.

Assuming you have no affiliation with the business and won't personally profit in any way.. You've got the green light.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>