Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2002 Auto transmission problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2002 Auto transmission problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysklement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2002 Auto transmission problem
    Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:25am
Hi,

I had bought a 2nd Hand Nissan Primera 2002 P12 Automatic transmission few weeks ago. I had encountered that if the engine is doesn't have enough warm-ups and I had shift the transmission to "D", the car doesn't want to move even i had accelerate by stepping onto the pedal. I had  already checked the motor oil and the transmission fluid and seems like it's full.

What could be the problem of my car anyway?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:52am
Silly,simple thing. BUT. you are making sure the handbrake is off. Question
Roy
cysklement View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysklement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:14am
Yup, Handbrake is off/ released. there's a button to off the handbrakes??
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysklement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:16am
Hi,

What's that sports button at the auto transmission right at the lever  & that red button for shift lock for?
Bigeric View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bigeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 10:28am
Hi,
The "sports" button you mention works like this.
When your in city or town traffic you press the button so the amber light comes on at the dash this makes the car a little more responsive but also slightly decreases the fuel economy. It also causes the car to change gear at a a higher rev when going from 3rd to 4th . When you get on to the open road , you hit the button again ( turning the light off) you are now in kinda highway mode and driving more economically :)
As for the red button I think its for changing the shifter in the case of it being stuck, like in the event of an accident  but I'm not sure .

hope this helps

Eric
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysklement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 3:18am
thanks Eric,

but my car still have the transmission problem. When the engine cools down, it's difficult to get the car to move in "D".
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 7:32am
I'd start with replacing the transmission fluid.
I take it yours is a CVT? Make sure to use the correct fluid, Nissan NS-1

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:48am
First thing to do is download the service manual , 2003 version.
If yours is a cvt gearbox then look at page CVT-29 there is a self diagnostic that you can go through.
The PNP switch could be worth checking out.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 11:14am
For the other type AT box a self test is described on page AT-252.
If in doubt give it a clout!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cysklement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 5:55am
Thanks,

Could you offer me the link to the service manual which i should Download and check?
How do I know if my car is cvt or not?
But I Do know that is auto/ 2.0/ sedan/ primera 2002.

Well, my car tday can't no longer move in 'D' or 'L'  even if try to accelerate it.  but it's fine in Reverse gear 'R'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>