Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - LPG Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - LPG Conversion
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 4:14pm
Hi guys,

Im thinking of converting the P12 to LPG.

Whats the general consensus?

Who's had it done, what are your experiences?

Cheers,

Jay
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:11pm
Not many have done that. I recall someone on here who converted his last year, but don't know how that is running. You could use the advanced search to find older posts on p12 and lpg.
According to info from Vialle and Prins, the nissan engines after 2002 have valve seat wear problems (as do a lot of other cars) so not recommended. A valve lubrication system like flashlube is necessary, but even then do not always give good results.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:37pm
Hi Wicky,

Thanks for the reply. I have read exactly the same thing, which is why I wanted to get some views from people who have actually done it.

There are, as with everything on the net, so many conflicting views, it seems impossible to get a definate answer.

From what I've read, the VSR seems to be related to the system running lean, which increases the temp, just as it would with petrol.

Where have you got your info from, you quote Prins and Vialle. I would be interested in reading that.

Cheers,

Jay
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:54pm
Dutch file by vialle, premium means premium warranty so no problems expected. In that column a " nee" means no warranty extension, problems expected.
http://www.vialle.nl/fileadmin/user_upload/Consument_Catalogus_NL.pdf
P11s do fine on lpg by the way.

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:57pm
Prins blacklist
http://www.autogastanken24.de/documents/Blacklist%20Prins_081107.pdf

If you use the advanced forum search function to search on p12 lpg with date range set to Any Date, you should get some posts on the topic, you could pm some of those members.

mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:20am
Hi Wicky,

Thanks for thise, and the tips for the search on the forum, as I admit I have really struggled with the search feature.

I will follow your advice.

Cheers,

Jay
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 12:30pm

mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:13pm
Hi Wicki,

Thanks for those links, unfortunately every time you asked anyone a direct question about the lpg, they didn't answer.

Have you pm'd these people and asked any questions about it?

I contacted UKLPG to get there take on the valve problem, and also ask about my local fitter.

This is the reply:

mrwinkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwinkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:14pm
It is not a black and white case, many of your models have been converted and many without any valve saver and have not had problems. It depends on the use of the vehicle and driving styles which in themselves can increase or reduce the risk. Some people recommend valve saver fluid but this is not a 100% guarantee of premature valve wear (I doubt the cost being in the 000’s), the only guarantee is to fit hardened valves and valve seats.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:27pm
I left it at that, as i drive a diesel now.
What you got for reply is pretty common.
From my own experience, I owned a 1.3 16V Corolla which I had converted to lpg. After 80 to 100k km the valve seats were gone. Which really meant I would not have gained anything had i gotten a head reconditioning for it. I got rid of it.
It's just not cost-effective then, unless you're prepared to spend a lot of money on new valve seats and then keep it for at least 100k more.

Personally, I don't think I will buy an lpg system again. I'll buy a diesel.
For LPG cars, I would recommend selecting the type of car based on those lists above.
And in this typical case of your p12, that would mean I would personally keep it on petrol.

But in the end, it is all down to your own calculations and preferences.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>